This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Candida Of The Intestine

Mr J

Mr J Rookie

hello, my posts on the following link on the parents forum gives some background to the state of my health.

Open Original Shared Link

following on from my post before last where I said i would describe my experience with candida. I assume thats what I had and i'd be interested to see anyone elses experiences and if they think i've made the correct self diagnosis. Self diagnosis necessary due to the wall of ignorance that has been presented to me via the health care I get from my health insurance policy.

Symptoms were:

1. a couple of bouts of feeling chronically fatigued.

2. along with the above bouts aching all over - like someone had beaten me up with a meat hammer. Even the soles of my feet felt tender, a bit like flu but without the throat/sinus infection.

3. thick white coating on tongue which never went away.

4. Alternating constipation and diarreah

What didn't work:

1. daily helping of yoghurt with brekky

2. pro-biotics from the supermarket.

the above taken on the belief that what i had was a fungus infection and various literature told me that some candida in the intestine was normal and a happy equilibrium of good bacteria and candida should coexist. What I had was supposedly "candida overgrowth"

What worked for a while:

1. parasite cleanse from genesis health australia. This stuff is quite strong and on 2 occassions cleared me of symptoms but its seller's do not recommend taking it for more than 2 months at a stretch. Unfortunately the symptoms would come back with a vengeance after an initial period of feeling better.

What didn't work on its own but helps in conjunction with other things:

1. super powerful pro-biotics containing about 2 billion bacteria.

What got it under control, but required a permanent daily intake

1. herbal forumala called "intestinal cleanse #1"

2. together with strong pro-biotic called "iflora".

Both ordered online from www.healthfree.com

no more bouts of chronic fatigue/muscle aching. Coating on tongue reduced but not eradicated.

However more recently the coating on my tongue has gone altogether, I suspect the following:

1. intestinal recovery from Gluten-free Casein-free diet.

2. An enzyme called "No Phenol". This contains enzymes that the human body doesn't normally produce. It apparently can break down the cell walls of the candida yeast plant. I take this stuff daily for digestion of plant matter.

Contemporary theory says that this condition is celiac related - can cause leaky gut. Leaky gut allows the wheat peptides to enter bloodstream, anti-body reaction occurs...

PS i would like to say that this is a great forum and thanks to all who have posted here. It was from randomly browsing the net for possible reasons for my digestive problems that I came across this forum and noted that a lot of its members used enterolab. Got tested by enterolab which gave me the commitment to take on the Gluten-free Casein-free diet and altho i haven't completely cured my primary problem of gastroparesis, i'm definately enjoying a higher quality of life. In particular I'm now free from the gastroparesis medicine which has quite bad side effects.

cheers,

Mike

PS at the time i tackled this condition i didn't realise that there were commercial companies that offered testing for candida and leaky gut.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived