This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What Are Foods That We Would Like?

Neshy

Food Products That We Would Like To See  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Neshy Newbie

Hey there all,

I am a 22 year old celiac law student completing a business subject (marketing) as a non-law elective in my course of studies at QUT (Queensland University of Technology) in Brisbane, Australia. In this subject, our major assignment is to bring up a marketing plan for a product. The best marketing plan gets to present the product to industry professionals and potentially have the opportunity to take it further.

For my group's assignment we have decided to come up with a food product tailored for celiacs. Being a celiac, I have noticed several things that I miss and a lot of things that I would like to eat.

I am wondering if you would be able to help me with my assignment by shouting out about what food products that you would possibly like to see on the market. I know a big one for me was beer and now there are a couple of companies that provide this.

Any help would be very appreciated! :D

Thanks again :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest nini

I want to see CORN DOGS, light flakey donuts like Krispy Kremes, gluten-free biscuits IN A CAN!!! gluten-free cinnamon rolls IN A CAN!

TCA Contributor

Here is part of your wish granted! Corndogs!

Open Original Shared Link

I feel like a fairy godmother! :D

suziew Rookie

I would like to see gluten free biscuits and crescents in a can. Gluten free twizzler and gluten free cakes and pies in the bakery sections of grocery stores. Or at least the ability to special order cakes or pies from regular grocery stores.

Jnkmnky Collaborator

SUBWAY SANDWICH BREAD..... :P No, seriously, it makes me cry.... :( I'm a native New Yorker ... I've given up on bagels and pizza.. for the love of potato flour, can they come up with some french bread rolls that I can make a decent sandwich on?!!

StrongerToday Enthusiast

How about something cheesy - like cream cheese, or mozzerella... something gluten-free, casein free, lactose free and soy free?

lonewolf Collaborator

Gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free maple bars. I even had a dream about them last night.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Nancym Enthusiast

Milk free and gluten free frozen entrees.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

When I am exhausted and hungy, I would just LOVE to be able to hit a drive-thru now and then, and something other than Wendy's chili....

Also gluten-free fluffy, melting donuts, like Krispy Kreme....gluten-free crusty, heavy sourdough bread.... *sniff* :(

cgilsing Enthusiast

Here lately, I've been having a re-accuring dream that I'm on vacation and I stumble into some magical gluten-free world where there are gluten-free restaraunts and grocery stores. I had one dream a few weeks ago about the grocery store....and there was gluten-free pita bread, focaccia, baklava, angel food cake....and all the the other goodies. The whole store was gluten-free! The funny part about the dream though (and I swear I'm not making this up!) was when I got to the checkout with all my gluten-free stuff and my cart-full cost $4,000! :lol::lol:

Then a couple nights ago I had one about a restaurant. It was nothing special as restaurants go...just a walk-up and take out kind of place. I was walking by and I saw on their menu outside that it was run by some of the members on this board :P I ran inside, and it was all Italian carry out food. Pasta dishes, pizzas, ravioli..mmmmmm Sure beats my dreams about eating half a piece of pizza before thinking about what I'm doing! :rolleyes:

mamaw Community Regular

NINI

My grandkids loved the S'better farms corn dogs....... I love the glazed donuts from celiac specialities, but you can't eat just one!!!!!!

I would love to go thru fast food places and get what everyone gets,a bun.......

Now I need a hugh freezer for storing........

mamaw

Guest Robbin
How about something cheesy - like cream cheese, or mozzerella... something gluten-free, casein free, lactose free and soy free?

Yes! Gluten free, dairy free rice cheese. (WHY do they put dairy in a rice cheese? ) AND cereal that you can buy without malt flavoring in the regular grocery aisles.

frenchiemama Collaborator

I would really like to see gluten-free frozen ravioli. I used to love those.

VegasCeliacBuckeye Collaborator

A company like Chef Boy-R-Dee (but Gluten Free) -- Think of the possibilities...

Also, gluten-free TV Dinners and MORE gluten-free Soup that tastes good.

In my opinion, the restaurant thing can be solved via personal education --- if you want to learn about the inner workings of restaurants and dine successfully in them, you need to learn about how food is prepared and always get a manager to help you. (I haven't been glutened in a restaurant in a very long time...)

MAKE THEM PREPARE THINGS IN A SEPARATE PAN

MAKE THEM USE NEW GLOVES AT FAST FOOD PLACES

ASSERT YOURSELF, DON'T POISON YOURSELF

Restaurants are in business due to guest relations and hospitality -- make them cater to you (Be nice and tip graciously, but don't ever be afraid to assert yourself in those places)

JMO

:)

cornbread Explorer
I want to see CORN DOGS, light flakey donuts like Krispy Kremes, gluten-free biscuits IN A CAN!!! gluten-free cinnamon rolls IN A CAN!

:lol::lol: Something about reading that whilst looking at your Beavis avatar cracked me up! :lol:

cornbread Explorer
Sure beats my dreams about eating half a piece of pizza before thinking about what I'm doing! :rolleyes:

I have nightmares about eating something with gluten/casein etc. in and then frantically trying to spit it out, rinse my mouth, etc. Very good feeling to wake up and realise it was just a dream!

Guest Babbia

I would love to see better food labeling in supermarkets. I know that the gluten-free stuff is there in my regular supermarket...just need to know which ones I can have!

Think of the possibilities......

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

Almost everything that I like is (except my daughter's favorite Chef-Boy-R-Dee)available either by mail-order or at Whole Foods, BUT

IT'S SO BLEEPING EXPENSIVE!!!!!

I would like to be able to make my meals (even from scratch) without paying for it like it's coming from a 4-star resaurant!!!!! :angry:

Guest nini

I haven't found the S'better Farms corndogs near me... yes I looked on the website at where to buy and I would have to drive into "THE CITY" (gawd forbid!!!) LOL! Anyone who knows me knows that I HATE TO DRIVE!!!! Ah, but for good corndogs, I guess I could force myself!

Carriefaith Enthusiast

I would personally like to see 100% gluten free restaurants! I can't eat out anymore because of cross contamination.

I voted for more convenience foods since Amy's is the only one that I can buy here and a lot of people seem to react to their products. I haven't had Amy's in a long time because I don't want to get sick!

key Contributor

Being vegetarian and gluten free, I would love to see gluten free pasta, at say Olive Garden. So I could take my son there. Also like someone said, more education for restaurants, so they understand celiac.

Also I would love to go to any restaurant. Like Panera bread and get gluten free bread there. I know it is a dream world, but it would be wonderful to eat something other then a baked potatoe. THe social aspect for me with celiac is the worst. Luckily we have a PF chang's down the road. I hate being the one that is "picky". Most of the time I eat at home.

Like someone said, I would die for a sub or a bean burrito with regular flour tortilla.

It has gotten better mourning over these things after a year.

MOnica

skoki-mom Explorer

Bread that actually tastes like bread. I'm dreaming, I know..................

astyanax Rookie

tortellini, any kind.

Rusla Enthusiast

There isn't enough of anything anywhere. Most of all we want it to taste good. More of everything especially education on the subject so that others know what this is and how we suffer. More education for doctors on this also.

jerseyangel Proficient

Better understanding on the part of more food manufacturers so there would be less CC worries. I'm ok with my limited food choices--not much I can do about that--but the CC will get me altogether too often with products and eating out. :blink: I think I used too many words there :D

Archived