This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Elephant Walk Boston

jesscarmel

jesscarmel Enthusiast

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has eaten at elephant walk in boston? i havent eaten out since i was diagnosed because i have alot of anxiety about it and get so nervous, but my fiancee really wants to go out this friday with friends for dinner. im really scared about cross contamination and was wondering if people had good or bad experiences there. im vegetarian so ill probably just eat salad or something.

Jess in boston

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CeliaCruz Rookie

I haven't eaten there, but I'm assuming you already know that they have a gluten-free/vegetarian menu. I totally understand the impulse not to eat out....but if you do eat out, I'd say Elephant Walk is a good place to cut your teeth.

floridanative Community Regular

I read on another reading Celiac forum about someone who ate there on vacation and loved it. They were not vegetarian if I remember correctly. If you don't have Triumph Dining cards I'd order those or you can print/laminate some for free off of www.glutenfreetravel.com. I had to use both since the Triumph pack does not come with a French or Itlalian version but I think they are working to add those languages.

loraleena Contributor

I haven't eaten there yet, let me know how it is. I heard you should call 24 hours in advance to let them know you are coming.

jesscarmel Enthusiast

i think thats only if you are eating one of the fancy fish or meat dishes. ill probably just have salad and soup but ill let you know how it was

pesto126 Newbie

I haven't eaten their either but I think it is true about the 24hr advanced notice on only the fancy items.. did you see their gluten-free menu online? Has some nice options.

BTW: being from Boston.. here are a few other places that you can certainly trust:

1) Legals... Chef actually came out and delivered my meal (Garlic Shrimp with Brown Rice) and confirmed he made it gluten free.. yummy clam and Rassam chowders.. yummy salads, etc.

2) Blue Ginger.. Star Chef Ming Tsai's child is allergy sensitive so he designed his menu to be allergy friendly. The staff will also cook any dish you'd like.. I'm going for Lunch on Monday so I'll report back to let you know how it is. Been there pre-gluten-free days and loved it so I'm sure it will be great.

3) Blue Room in Kendle Squar - they too will prepare your items gluten-free..

We also have PF Changs, outback, bugaboo Creek and Chilis.. Don't fret too much - you still need to live life! Just visit some of these first and once you are comfortable.. branch out. I'm sure if you visit some of the fancier places Boston has to offer.. the chefs will accomodate. Just call ahead to warn them.. GOod luck!

floridanative Community Regular

If you are going somewhere nice for dinner, why not make the most of it? If you can get something wonderful with only an advanced phone call it will be worth it. Even if you order just a salad you have to bring up your intolerance to gluten, even if you say it's an allergy to bread/flour. Otherwise, if croutons make it onto your salad by mistake and the server catches it, they'll just pick them out and bring you a salad that will make you sick. Make the most of your evening by having the chef prepare something lovely for you.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jesscarmel Enthusiast

Thank you for your suggestions!! im going to try some of them!

Jess

Aega Newbie

I just went to the Elephant Walk in Waltham on Friday for lunch. Food was pretty good, portions are small but satisfying (don't go there expecting a large meal). Prices were $8-12 for lunch, $15-20 for dinner. Just ask for their Gluten Free menu.

pesto126 Newbie
I just went to the Elephant Walk in Waltham on Friday for lunch. Food was pretty good, portions are small but satisfying (don't go there expecting a large meal). Prices were $8-12 for lunch, $15-20 for dinner. Just ask for their Gluten Free menu.

So.. the elephant walk in Waltham also serve the gluten free menu for lunch and dinner? I was under the impression it was only the cambridge and boston locations..... Good to know if it is true - much closer for me!!

Please confirm...

Archived