This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Fourty Something Women

Guest Floridian

Guest Robbin
:lol: and you pick on me for spinach? :lol::ph34r:

Omg, I didn't sleep with the things, at least, lol. :lol::lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Robbin
omg.... my favorite quote from Victor Hugo is....

"The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."

Hi you!

So sorry you saw all that... I hate arguments too... thank goodness none of us do that... we're just goofs... on emotional rollercoasters... well at least I am... :o:lol:

Sadly, I am one of the goofs too, on that rollercoaster, and I want off!!

lonewolf Collaborator
Going to read but had to gloat.... beginning of 4th quarter....Bears 34...Seattle.. 6... :lol::ph34r:

:ph34r: Who was that team in white out on the field? And what did they do with my Seahawks? :huh:

rinne Apprentice
Well, Victor Hugo (he wrote Les Miserables) said once, "Forty is the old age of youth, but fifty is the youth of old age". So there, that makes me young again, who wants to be forty! :unsure:

What a wonderful quote, it makes me feel like a spring chicken. Celia you reminded me of a Leonard Cohen line that goes, "here's to the few who forgive what you do and the fewer who don't even care".

happygirl Collaborator

Robbin,

Thanks! I figured there had to be some novas up there! Yeah, we are not looking forward to the traffic!! Traffic in Virginia Beach sucks as well, but I know its nothing like up there. We lived there in 82-84 and then 88-92. My dad was in Northern VA for the past five years as well, so we've been up there a lot. Its overwhelming, but it really was a great position that I couldn't turn down.

I hate boxes. Hate, hate, hate them.

Maybe we can meet up sometime once I'm there and settled! We'll be living very close to GMU.

Laura

CarlaB Enthusiast

Good morning all!! Love the Victor Hugo quotes!!

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Love nail polish-especially pinks and purples,irridescant ones are my fave.

I tend to have my toe-nails painted more than my fingernails,as I always forget to wear rubber gloves when doing chores like cleaning the oven and it all chips off.

I NEVER cut my fingernails(that would be sacrilege!!)

When I had my first baby the midwife said ''you'll have to cut them nails!!''

I don't think so :o I'm so used to them I never scratched the babies.

I did have acrylic nails for a while-with the 'french manicure' (natural look) but I couldn't be bothered with getting them done every 2 weeks.

Hubby doesn't like dark polish on me-especially dark reds :huh: but I think I quite like them,the dramatic look against my ever paling skin!! :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CarlaB Enthusiast
I NEVER cut my fingernails(that would be sacrilege!!)

When I had my first baby the midwife said ''you'll have to cut them nails!!''

I don't think so :o I'm so used to them I never scratched the babies.

Oh! I never cut them short!! Just from obscenely long, to plain long!!! I know they're too long when I'm hitting the wrong keys on the computer all the time! :lol:

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Oh! I never cut them short!! Just from obscenely long, to plain long!!! I know they're too long when I'm hitting the wrong keys on the computer all the time! :lol:

:lol: Ha,I do that too.Of course you have to trim them when needs must,else you end up looking like this!! :lol:

Open Original Shared Link

CarlaB Enthusiast
:lol: Ha,I do that too.Of course you have to trim them when needs must,else you end up looking like this!! :lol:

Yikes! So, the article said something about her cutting them off after 27 years, is she cutting them? I can't imagine it was worth that to get in the Guinness Book!!! I think Howard Hughes had very long fingernails in his later life, too.

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

Ewwwwww! I do like the look of elegant fingernails--but when I've let mine grow the least little bit, they catch on sweaters and hose and towels and I HATE THAT!

I'm just stuck with inelegant--but very comfortable--hands

CarlaB Enthusiast
Ewwwwww! I do like the look of elegant fingernails--but when I've let mine grow the least little bit, they catch on sweaters and hose and towels and I HATE THAT!

I hate that, too. You just have to keep the snags filed.

lonewolf Collaborator

I'm with you, Fiddle-Faddle. I keep mine short too, but then it's much easier to teach PE when I don't have to worry about my fingernails breaking.

CarlaB Enthusiast
I'm with you, Fiddle-Faddle. I keep mine short too, but then it's much easier to teach PE when I don't have to worry about my fingernails breaking.

Mine are usually long just because they are ... I never hesitate to take clippers to them if I'm going to need them short. I just usually don't take the time, so they're long.

jerseyangel Proficient

I would consider mine a medium length--nice and oval. :D

dlp252 Apprentice
I don't wear nail polish.... :o

EDIT - omg... I thought I was the only girl in the world that doesn't wear polish... woo hooo... thank goodness I'm not alone!

Me too...don't wear it...like Rinne, I feel like my nails can't breathe!

Can I come play too...I'm 50 something though...and looking quite BROWN these days, lol.

dlp252 Apprentice

Lip gloss anyone? What does everyone use? I need to find a brown lip gloss to match my lovely brown complexion... (ignore the words BUMBLE BAR and just look at my lovely brown complexion, lol) :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Donna :D

Glad to have another 40 ish aboard!!

I use Neutrogena lip gloss and lipsticks. They have lots of colors--even browns :lol: I just picked up one of their tinted lip balms yesterday, but havn't tried it yet.

chewymom Rookie

Hi! I'm exactly forty, so can I join?

Nails: Fingers are short and bare; Toes are either bare or have brown polish. Currently they are brown because when I took the polish off, they looked yellow. Yuck!

Lipgloss: I wear different stuff--my favorite is Bath & Body gloss, although sometimes I just wear Carmex or something--my lips are so dry in winter!

DingoGirl Enthusiast

OMG OMG

:angry: Just spent 15 minutes on a BIG POST and lost everything.....how sad....gotta go, will catch y'all later! HATE when that happens :angry:

dlp252 Apprentice

Thanks Patti and Chewy...I'll look for those.

Susan - I had that happen on Saturday...my knee hit something and four paragraphs went POOF!

jerseyangel Proficient
Quick serious question here... have any of you guys tried Lidoderm pain patches? Since I know all you guys so well I do trust your thoughts.... I hate..hate..hate...meds <_< (as you all know :D )... and I do know you guys suffer with other problems as well, like I do... so should I consider asking my doc about these patches?...

I don't know anything about those. Sorry...

Are you still having the pain from before? I feel the same way about meds, but sometimes they're necessary. I got an eye infection last week cleaning out my window boxes--dirt flew into my eyes. I've been taking antibiotic eye drops--was nervous about it, but also needed them!

Are these patches sold over the counter? I've never heard of them.

CarlaB Enthusiast

I've never heard of the patches before either. I hate meds, but sometimes they are necessary.

jerseyangel Proficient
Yeah... I'm pretty miserable... I believe they're rx... so freaked out by meds... I know they aren't narcotic or anything... just don't know much about them... I read about these patches on another forum....

Celia,

I found this, don't know if it'll be any help--

DingoGirl Enthusiast

CECILE - - take some meds, woman. You are in too much pain. dont' now about the patch...

OMG the football talk...... :angry::lol::angry::lol: may have to kick you girls to another thread ;) ...am in posttraumatic stress from Robert's :angry: football/sports pathology....OMG.....the mood instability, the obsession, the freaking BULLDOGS, he is a season-ticket holder for over 20 years....but he has to study every team that has ever played or will play the 'Dogs....so the other night, I'm at the pub where my niece was bartending, and the 'Dogs come on (it's out hometown team and my alma mater, BTW) and everyone starts cheering...I started booing, LOUDLY :o:lol: , and everyone jerks their heads around to stare at me...all points I had gained during the evening may have then been lost....someone asks me, Are you a Colorado fan? my reply - NO, I am just severely ANTI-BULLDOG :lol::angry: so the tiny gift that God is giving me? the 'Dogs have never had such a losing streak in present Coach's 10-year reign, counting end of last season to this.....I am beyond ecstatic....they need to win five of their remaining games this year to be considered for a bowl game, or a WAC final...and of course, I am praying every time that they lose......and so far they have :lol::lol::lol::lol: And I am trusting that God is going to give me this small but delicious pleasure...ha ha ha ha ha HA!!!!! I know it's wicked....but help me out, girls, all collective prayers that this will be THE WORST season ever for the 'Dogs...

And dont' even get me started on Robert's :angry: obsession with the PRO teams...and all the time devoted to that...and then to basketball....OMG there were only three months out of the year with no sports OBSESSION and personality change....

okay...it's okay....I"m okay...it's all over now and he's an ancient memory....... :huh::lol:

Welcome and hello to: Lisa, Ursula, Rinne, who else is new and whom did I forget? had it all in my big post that I lost......someone else....can't think......

Cecile...thanks for rescuing me from my MENopause thread :)

Archived