This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Cheese Cake With Nut Crust

Sweetfudge

Sweetfudge Community Regular

Okay here it is! I know I've raved about this recipe before and I've finally taken the time to type it up for all of y'all!!

Recipe taken from "The Gluten-Free Bible" by Jax Peters Lowell (pg. 141)

This cheesecake isn't as sweet and heavy as typical varieties. It can be baked in 4 individual 4-inch springform pans or in one 8-inch springform pan.

*Note: I found a springform pan (which is a pan that can be separated side from bottom) at Wal-Mart for like $6. I know Williams-Sonoma has individual sized pans...but they're probably a fortune :)

Goat Cheese Cake with Nut Crust and Lemon Curd

Serves 4-6 (*although I managed to make this last a week in my fridge with me eating a piece every night)

Cake:

10 oz goat cheese (*use a good cheese like Chevre or Montrachet)

6 oz cream cheese

½ cup sugar

3 large eggs

zest of one lemon

Crust:

½ cup pinenuts

½ cup almonds

1/8 cup brown sugar

2 tbsp diced cold butter

dash of salt

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

2. Roast nuts: coarsely chop and arrange on a baking sheet in one layer. Roast at 300 degrees for 10 minutes or until slightly golden in color. Allow to cool.

3. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

4. Allow all batter ingredients to come to room temp. Mix by hand or in mixer until smooth - a few lumps are okay. Set aside.

5. In a food processor, coarsely grind roasted nuts. Add the rest of crust ingredients and pulse in the food processor. Crust should resemble the consistency of graham cracker crust. Press crust in pan and bake for 7 minutes.

6. Pour batter into baked crust. Set baking pan in a bowl with a little bit of water and place on a baking sheet to ensure cake bakes evenly.

7. Bake until top is set and lightly colored, approximately 30 - 35 minutes for large pan, 20 - 25 minutes for small pans.

Lemon Curd:

5 egg yolks

½ cup confectioners sugar

1/4 cup fresh lemon juice

2 oz sweet butter

1 tbsp cold water

Raspberry Port Syrup

1 cup of Raspberry port

*Note: I substituted Smucker's raspberry syrup (for pancakes) and just microwaved it. It worked great!!

Directions:

1. Whisk together egg yolks, sugar, and lemon juice over double boiler until thick and slightly glossy.

2. Take off heat and whisk in butter and water. Set aside to cool.

3. Pour port into a saucepan over medium heat until glossy and reduced to about 1/4 cup, approximately 45 minutes.

4. Serve each slice of cheesecake with a dollop of lemon curd and a drizzle of raspberry syrup.

ENJOY!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jayhawkmom Enthusiast

You had me at cheesecake...but lost me with the nut crust. =(

It sounds yummy though!!! =)

Sweetfudge Community Regular

i bet you could make the cheese cake with a cookie crumb crust! just take some gluten-free cookies, and make 'em crumbly (in a blender)....that would be like a graham cracker crust, only better! i know Pamela's shortbread cookies are good when crumbled on ice cream...those would probably work!

Archived