This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gluten, Or Msg?

red345

red345 Apprentice

Over the past two months, I have posted several different topics in relation to this disease that is known as Celiac Disease. Recently, I have critically examined a substance known as "MSG." I have provided you with links to all of this information under the posting "This may well be the answer."

Nearly three weeks ago my family began a complete, MSG free nutritional regime. The results of this new diet have brought with it what I can only describe as "Shocking results." The member of my family that has been diagnosed with Celiac Disease has been free from any Celiac reactions for eight days running. Having been nearly crippled by Fibromyalgia for the past five years, the pain has begun to leave, as have the minimal nervous system disorders that had previously been active. The positive changes in regards to Fibromyalgia and the nervous system have not been dramatic as of yet, but they have gone noticed. As it would relate to this individual case, the evidence thus far appears to support the theory that MSG was the trigger, not "Gluten," per say.

Unfortunately, in today's world gluten IS MSG. MSG is in just about every conceivable food and vitamin product one could imagine, afterall. Those of us that understand the chemical form of this substance understand why gluten becomes its host more often than not. It is just a snapshot into the larger process at work.

Yesterday I was able to verify my theory with a university source. Simply said, "It fits, it works." I will be traveling to Iowa and North Dakota now in the very near future so that I may gain supportive evidence for my hypothesis.

At this point, I have been advised not to highlight my theory in any specific, detailed fashion. I had promised that, but now am telling you that I will not be able to do so. For that, I greatly apologize. I would hope, however, that many of you would understand why I cannot do so at this time. Inventors do not share their ideas with the world on forums without first having a patent, afterall, and it is along those lines why I must keep my research relatively resticted at this point in time.

I will tell you, however, that it is my opinion many of you should invesigate the merits behind doing what you must to avoid any and all forms of MSG. I believe, with 99.9% accuracy, that this is where the answer lies. The evidence is so supportive, so clear cut.

I went into this with an open mind, obviously. My approach was one that originally accepted the merits behind gluten being the trigger for your disease, but I also believed there was more to the story. With that approach, that mindset, I was led to the theory I now hold. But I also knew that for it to be given any form of meaningful value within the medical community, I would have to "Prove it." And I have done that, I believe.

I would like to conclude this by thanking you all for all of your assistance. Many of you went to great lengths to share with me your personal medical histories. Only than did I begin the broader focus, and without that I would not have been able to get to this point.

I would also like to extend my appreciation and gratitude to all of those individuals that have highlighted the background of MSG. Obviously, I would not have known anything about MSG had it not been for their own personal experiences, and the backgrounds they offer us.

I would not expect you to accept my theory at this point, I wouldn't either if I knew the theory was coming from a "Young kid without a medical degree." But that is why I am doing this the right way, and taking it to the medical community itself. Only than will the issue be better understood, only than will the additions be made to the diet restrictions. I am not, nor ever was in this for personal achievement. I have done what I have for those that suffer with this "Disease." That was my purpose all along, and I would like to believe that I achieved that today.

I once again must thank you all. May the Lord be with you each footstep along your journey. Take care now.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lovegrov Collaborator

Hmm. Very mysterious post.

Here's what I know. I ate gluten and MSG and nearly died.

Now I eat MSG and no gluten -- feel perfectly fine.

richard

red345 Apprentice

--

darlindeb25 Collaborator
:) well red--much of what you say does make sense and i have been following these post all along--my guestion is----MSG, is it always listed in ingredients or does it play peekaboo just as gluten does--i know that most of your chinese food in restaurants has MSG and for years i have heard people say they cant have MSG--so, please give us an idea--at least the ones who want to check your theory out--otay---deb ;)
strack2004 Rookie

red345: I just posted a message to you on "This May Well be The Answer". I won't repeat all that I said there. I wonder if you will continue to check there. Decided to add a short one to this thread since your last message was here on Nove. 6th. Cheers, Ruth S.

mommida Enthusiast

I have many family members who react to msg about the same as a celiac to gluten. I have always tried to avoid it. Since I went gluten free I have had msg and had no reaction.

I love the fact that you are actively searching for an answer. Maybe you can help shed more light to the general population the junk that is allowed to be consumed.

L

• 3 weeks later...
red345 Apprentice

--

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tarnalberry Community Regular
Another fascinating dynamic has to do with the timeframe in which the first known testing for this disease took place. It's one of those issues we knew all along, but probably didn't come to light right away for most of us. Were you aware that the first diagnostic tests ever performed on gliadin occured in the 20th century? That, by itself, does have the ability to invalidate the possibility of gluten's role as the sole player, completely (Remember now, the preservatives hit America at the very early part of the 20th century). I know that this alone was responsible for one party's decision to investigating this further.

I'd definitely quibble with this paragraph. The incidence of first testing says nothing about the incidence of first occurance. It took an awfully long time before gravity was tested for, but it was rather important in the forming of the planet long before a human was around to test it. It took an awfully long time before infectious diseases (particularly viruses and bacteria) were tested for (or even known about) but they killed plenty of people before they were tested for. It's faulty logic to say that because the test didn't exist for gluten antibodies until recently, there was no reaction to just gluten.

red345 Apprentice

--

• 5 weeks later...
celiac3270 Collaborator

Hmm....sad to see that all of Red's posts have been deleted and replaced with dashes...i would've liked to hear his replies.

Anyway, to reiterate Darlindeb's question, is MSG hidden as gluten is? And what exactly is it?

darlindeb25 Collaborator
;) morning--well celiac3270, MSG is made from soy and i guess many people have a problem with it--lots of chinese restaurants use it in their foods and many people cant have it--i know i cant because i am soy limited now--i do wonder how much of an impact MSG has on us--i know i dont like the way i feel when i get soy--it doesnt effect me right away, but after a few days i get very uncomfortable, so i am just staying away from it altogether--i do wish that the food industry would start looking into some of the products they use--i dont really think that MSG is necessary in any product--------- :o and have all of RED"S threads been blanked out--i did just read one the other day-- :( it's sad that so many cant just read opinions and not be hurt by them--its just his opinion and he does have some good points in those opinions-- :unsure: sometimes i think when we are made to think about something we dont want to think about, then we balk about those things-----by the way--i love here on the island---- :D deb
Guest ~wAvE WeT sAnD~

Hey all!

What happened to Red?

Anyways...I learned that MSG is a preservative, and isn't a Gluten substance...

celiac3270 Collaborator
Hey all!

What happened to Red?

Anyways...I learned that MSG is a preservative, and isn't a Gluten substance...

Open Original Shared Link

Oh, they weren't debating that MSG is gluten, but Red thought that MSG had negative effects on the body the way gluten does and could be why some of us had trouble with symptoms despite a gluten-free diet.

Guest ~wAvE WeT sAnD~

celiac3270,

Oops...sorry about my MSG misunderstanding. I am out of the loop!

College/finals week will do that to you.

Thanks for the info!

ps.--Read your posts re: the updates about your health. I hope you find relief soon!!! :D

celiac3270 Collaborator
ps.--Read your posts re: the updates about your health. I hope you find relief soon!!!

Thank you :D

Oh, I was updated slightly, too---see the link I provided before....I didn't realize that Red deleted the posts himself...I thought it was Scott due to complaints about their length. He also left a link about msg.

Open Original Shared Link

Archived