This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Fyi

crittermom

crittermom Enthusiast

Hi again everyone,

As promised here is what I found out today. Many of these you guys probably already know, but if there is just one that you didn't this was worth typing! :)

NOT GLUTEN FREE

Lactaid: Company will not commit to gluten free, states "There are no detectable amounts of gluten in our products"

Arm & Hammer Laundry Detergents: Does not intentionally put gluten in products however does not know about ingredients supplied by outside companies, will not guaruntee gluten free

Palmolive: Does not intentionally put gluten in products however does not know about ingredients supplied by outside companies, will not guaruntee gluten free

Warsaw Chemical: Office Hand Soap used in MI schools: Chemist believes it is gluten free but could not commit 100% (honestly he didn't want to take the time to talk about it either, Katharine will be taking her own soap to school!)

Mrs Butterworths and Log Cabin Syrup: Now uses barley as a natural flavoring ingredient but does not list on label so no longer gluten free

Uncle Bens Rice: All plain rices are gluten free in any style, 5 minute, 90 second, regular. However some flavored rices are now not gluten free due to CC and recipe changes. They are mailing me the new list, once I receive it I will post it here.

GLUTEN FREE

Clorox: Clean Up, Wipes, and Bleach

Proctor and Gamble Cleaning Products: Tide, Bounce, Joy, Dawn (all flavors of each)

Orajel: Toddler Training Toothpaste

Yoplait: Originals say gluten free (follow the FDA 06 mandate and gluten is clearly marked)

Johnson's and Johnson's: Buddies shampoo (2 n 1) body wash, conditioner, detangle spray

Chapstick: Moisturizing with SPF 15

Jello: gelatin and pudding will be clearly marked

Libby's Pumpkin: gluten free (Nestle follows FDA mandate)

Pampers: Kandoo flushable wipes

Pillsbury Icings: All gluten free except coconut pecan

M&Ms: Originals are gluten free as well as others however my kids only eat regular so I only checked these.

Apple & Eve juice boxes: All flavors

Tropicana Juice: if it says 100% juice over nutrition box it is gluten free

Coppertone: All products

Biotone: Joint and Mucsle pain relief massage cream

Kraft: Follows FDA 06 labeling rules, everything clearly marked

I hope maybe a couple of these help somebody! Thanks for all of your help! Take care and stay gluten free! ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Yellow Rose Explorer

Thanks for that list. Let me add to it Unilever will label all products clearly. Here is their list of companies that are under the Unilever name.

Lipton brewed teas and ready to drink tea based beverages

Lipton soups, reicpe products and side dishes

Lipton Birsk ready to drink tea based beverages

Wish-Bone salad dressings

Lawry's seasonings, specialty sauces and salad dressings

Imperial, Promis, CountryCrodk, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and spreads and sprays

Take Control and Helimann's spreads and dressings

Ragu pasta and pizza sauces

Five Brothers premium pasta sauces

Chicken Tonight simmer sauces

Adolph's marinades and seasonings

Knoor seasonings (all are gluten free according to Knoor)

Skippy peanut butter

Bertolli pasta sauces, olive oils, and forzen dinners

Boursin cheeses

Klondike, Popsicle and Good Humor/Bryers ice cream products

Slim-Fast, shakes and bars

Carb Options low carb foods

Wisk and all laundry detergents

Snuggle fabric softener

Lever 2000, Dove (gluten free), Caress, Lux, Shield, Pears and Lifebouy personal wash products

Vaseline skin care products

Pond's skin care products

Q-tips cotton swabs and cotton balls

Finesse, SalonSelectives, Suave, Thermasilk, Dove (gluten free), and Rave haircare products

Degree, Dove, and Sauve antiperspirants, deodorants and toiletries

Suave and Dove (gluten free), facial, skin and hair care products

Calvin Klein cosmetic and fragrance products

I haven't checked them all out but at least they are willing to label clearly.

Yellow Rose

JennyC Enthusiast

We use Lactaid all the time. My son does have D some times that I could not explain. On the other hand, my son does eat quite a bit of processed foods. What am I supposed to do? Never give my son dairy? He eats dairy very often and he absolutely loves it. Yogurt and cheese are some of the few healthy snacks my son will eat. Maybe there's a store brand that will claim gluten free. :(

Katydid Apprentice
Hi again everyone,

As promised here is what I found out today. Many of these you guys probably already know, but if there is just one that you didn't this was worth typing! :)

NOT GLUTEN FREE

Lactaid: Company will not commit to gluten free, states "There are no detectable amounts of gluten in our products"

Arm & Hammer Laundry Detergents: Does not intentionally put gluten in products however does not know about ingredients supplied by outside companies, will not guaruntee gluten free

Palmolive: Does not intentionally put gluten in products however does not know about ingredients supplied by outside companies, will not guaruntee gluten free

Warsaw Chemical: Office Hand Soap used in MI schools: Chemist believes it is gluten free but could not commit 100% (honestly he didn't want to take the time to talk about it either, Katharine will be taking her own soap to school!)

Mrs Butterworths and Log Cabin Syrup: Now uses barley as a natural flavoring ingredient but does not list on label so no longer gluten free

Uncle Bens Rice: All plain rices are gluten free in any style, 5 minute, 90 second, regular. However some flavored rices are now not gluten free due to CC and recipe changes. They are mailing me the new list, once I receive it I will post it here.

GLUTEN FREE

Proctor and Gamble Cleaning Products: Tide, Bounce, Joy, Dawn (all flavors of each)

Yoplait: Originals say gluten free (follow the FDA 06 mandate and gluten is clearly marked)

Johnson's and Johnson's: Buddies shampoo (2 n 1) body wash, conditioner, detangle spray

M&Ms: Originals are gluten free as well as others however my kids only eat regular so I only checked these.

I hope maybe a couple of these help somebody! Thanks for all of your help! Take care and stay gluten free! ;)

Oh Dear! we use Log Cabin Syrup. Can anyone suggest another that is gluten free?

Darn210 Enthusiast

Log Cabin - Country Kitchen is OK (all the others are not). Aunt Jemima is OK and so is Eggo syrup.

gfmolly Contributor
Oh Dear! we use Log Cabin Syrup. Can anyone suggest another that is gluten free?

I use 100% maple syrup. It costs a little more but is very yummy!

Nikki'smom Apprentice

Thank you so much for these lists! since we are in day 3 of gluten-free and planning on doing a big gluten-free food shoping today or tomorrow this is invaluable to me!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Nic Collaborator
We use Lactaid all the time. My son does have D some times that I could not explain. On the other hand, my son does eat quite a bit of processed foods. What am I supposed to do? Never give my son dairy? He eats dairy very often and he absolutely loves it. Yogurt and cheese are some of the few healthy snacks my son will eat. Maybe there's a store brand that will claim gluten free. :(

I'm thinking the same thing. We don't use Lactaid often for my son as I pretty much keep him dairy free but sometimes we do use it. For cheese you can us the Veggie Cheeses because they are lactose free.

Joni63 Collaborator

I just found out this week that General Mills and all it's brands will clearly label wheat, barley, rye and oats in their products:

PLEASE NOTE: This is a list of all their brand names, all labels need to be checked but gluten will be clearly stated. I took out their bread and pasta brands.

Baking

Betty Crocker, Bisquick, Gold Medal, Pillsbury

Organic

Cascadian Farm, Muir Glen

Breads

Forno de Minas, Pillsbury

Cereals

Cascadian Farm, Cheerios, Chex, Trix, Wheaties

Fruit Snacks

Fruit by the Foot, Fruit Gushers, Fruit Roll-Ups, Fruit Shapes

Soup

Muir Glen, Progresso

Grain Snacks

Bugles, Chex, Gardetto

goldyjlox Contributor

Thanks...I love lists like these, they make my life easier. Too bad about the Lactaid as that is what my doctor said to drink, however I dont like the taste of it so thats okay.

janelyb Enthusiast

The last time I called the Log Cabin syrup only the Country Kitchen of Log Cabin is gluten free. I know it was only 1 or 2 months ago that I called. Is it this one you are reffering to or the regular Log cabin? Gosh we use it almost daily here.

crittermom Enthusiast
The last time I called the Log Cabin syrup only the Country Kitchen of Log Cabin is gluten free. I know it was only 1 or 2 months ago that I called. Is it this one you are reffering to or the regular Log cabin? Gosh we use it almost daily here.

I was referring only to the regular Log Cabin. I am not sure about the Country Kitchen one. If you called a month ago then it is probably still gluten free as the change I found out about took place last fall.

• 10 years later...
Nookie2017 Newbie
On 9/1/2007 at 4:25 AM, crittermom said:

Hi again everyone,

NOT GLUTEN FREE

GLUTEN FREE

You helped a lot thank you, that means it’s safe if in my kids nursery they clean his toys n play area chair enjoy c with Clorox wipes, but it isn’t labeled as gluten-free ?

Archived