This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

25 gluten-free Recipes That Even Gluten Eaters Will Like

lonewolf

lonewolf Collaborator

I've been working on compiling some fairly easy and kid-friendly recipes that I can give to people who ask, "what can I eat that my family will like?". Since I have 4 kids, they are made in large portions and with kids in mind. I have lots more - things like spaghetti, meatloaf, lentil soup, etc. that I don't have written down yet.

I hope this helps someone! Here they are, 5 at a time.

Black Bean Soup

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lonewolf Collaborator

Round 2:

Chicken in Barbecue Sauce over Rice

3-4 Chicken breast tenderloins for each person

Bottled barbecue sauce

A bit of olive oil

Brown chicken in olive oil. Pour enough barbecue sauce on to cover chicken. Simmer on med. low heat for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over rice.

Serve with carrot sticks and apple slices.

Chicken Ranchero

2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken

1 12-15 oz jar gluten-free enchilada sauce

Sour Cream (Optional if dairy free)

Jack Cheese (Optional if dairy free)

Brown chicken, but don't cook through. Add enchilada sauce and simmer for about 30 minutes.

Right before serving add 3 Tbs Sour Cream or Rice Sour Cream (Soyco Foods). Stir well to blend in.

Serve over rice.

Serves 6-8

Cranberry Apple Crock Pot Chicken

4-6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast halves

1 medium Onion, chopped

lonewolf Collaborator

Round 3:

SWEDISH MEATBALLS

2 pounds ground turkey, beef, pork or a mixture of two

2 eggs

lonewolf Collaborator

Round 4:

Black Bean Salsa

2 cans (15 oz) black beans, drained

2 packages frozen corn

1 small can green ortega chilies, chopped

3-5 tomatoes-chopped

1 cup feta cheese

1/3 cup pine nuts (optional)

3-5 cloves garlic-minced

1 bunch cilantro, leaves only, chopped finely

4-5 Tablespoons lime juice

1/3 cup olive oil

1/2 teaspoon cumin

salt and pepper to taste

Makes a large batch.

Serve with tortilla chips. Sounds like a weird combination, but it's really good.

Fajitas

1-1/2 lbs Chicken Breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces (can use beef)

1 large Onion, chopped in large chunks

1 Tbs. Olive oil

3 large Peppers

lonewolf Collaborator

And some treats:

This recipe comes to us from Lynn Facey. From Celiac.com

White Cake (gluten-free)

2 cups gluten-free flour (Bette Hagman's)

2 teaspoons xanthangum

1 1/2 cups sugar

1 teaspoon salt

3 1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 cup shortening

1 cup milk

1 teaspoon vanilla

3 eggs

Heat oven to 350. Grease and flour baking pan, 13 X 9 X 2" or 2 round layer pans or for cupcakes (muffin tins) - use paper liners. Measure all ingredients into a large bowl. Blend 1/2 minute on low speed, scraping bowl constantly. Beat 3 minutes on high speed, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pans. Bake 40-45 minutes for oblong, 30-35 for round, and 15-20 for cupcakes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool.

Easy Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup PB

1 cup Brown Sugar

1 egg

1 Tsp Baking soda

1 cup chocolate chips

Mix together well. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly.

Bake at 375 for 10 minutes.

Makes about 2 dozen.

Healthy Rice Crispy Treats

1 C + 3 Tbs Creamy Almond butter

1/2 C honey

1/2 tsp vanilla

1/2 tsp cinnamon

Mix ingredients well. Then add:

4 C gluten-free Rice crispy-type cereal.

Form into 1" balls or press into 9 x 9 pan and refrigerate, then cut into squares.

These are much healthier than rice crispy treats and taste great.

Molasses Cookies

2 C Brown Rice Flour

1/2 tsp xanthan gum

1/2 tsp ginger

3/4 tsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp salt

1 Tbs Ener-G Egg Replacer

1/4 C oil (Canola, melted coconut oil or butter- if using butter cut salt)

2/3 C Molasses

1/3 C Honey

Sift dry ingredients 3 times. Add oil and sweeteners and mix well. Keep stirring until the dough is the right texture - it might take longer than you think, but it will work. Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes. Makes 3 dozen. (These taste similar to Pamela's Ginger cookies that cost over $3 for 9 cookies.)

Puppy Chow

1/4 c. Butter (Spectrum shortening or oil if CF)

6 oz. Chocolate chips

1 C Peanut or Almond Butter

7 C Corn and/or Rice Crunch

Sweetfudge Community Regular

awesome recipes! for the porcupine meatballs, i'm assuming, but you didn't mention when to use the rice and egg. do you make them into the meatball mixture? i might try that one for dinner tonight!

thanks for taking all the time to put these on here ;)

lonewolf Collaborator
awesome recipes! for the porcupine meatballs, i'm assuming, but you didn't mention when to use the rice and egg. do you make them into the meatball mixture? i might try that one for dinner tonight!

thanks for taking all the time to put these on here ;)

Yes, mix everything together. Thanks for pointing that out. I edited that recipe with the correction. These meatballs are really yummy and are "cute" when they're done. Hope you enjoy!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Thanks for these, it is nice for pot lucks at work.

Guest j_mommy

THANKS SOOO MUCH!!!! :D

I'm trying new recipes for turkeyday!!!!!

missy'smom Collaborator

Thank you!!! I've been wanting anew soup recipie and black been fits the bill. I also like that the crispy treats don't have marshmallows or corn syrup.

Nyxie63 Apprentice

OMG! These are wonderful! Gobs and gobs of thank yous for posting them!

*eyeing up the rosemary chicken for tonight*

Sugarmag Newbie

Wow, thank you so much!! You rock!! Those all look so yummy! I can't wait to try some of them! I love black bean soup...I'm gonna try that soon! :D

Ridgewalker Contributor

Liz, you rock!!! :D

Juliebove Rising Star

Wow! Thanks! Can't wait to try the Swedish Meatballs!

I sometimes make a dish similar to the Tater Tot casserole. I use Spud Puppies instead of Tater Tots. I think in the case of the Tots it is soy that's an issue and not gluten. If I can't find Spud Puppies, I use plain hash browns.

I brown some ground beef that has some chopped onion and celery added. I make a gravy using some beef broth and sweet rice flour to thicken. I usually add canned green beans to this but will sometimes add corn, peas, carrots or whatever other veggies I have onhand. Sometimes I will flavor this with ketchup or tomato sauce as well.

The beef, veggies and gravy are put in the casserole dish and then it is topped with the potatoes and baked until the potatoes are brown and crisp. Cheese is also good in this dish if you can eat it. It can be mixed into the meat or sprinkled on the potatoes after they are crisp. You can also make this with diced, cooked chicken.

bakingbarb Enthusiast

These all sound wonderful. You put a lot of time into this, thank you so much. :D

lonewolf Collaborator

Here's one more that we just had for dinner last night.

Shepherd's Pie

2 lbs. Ground Beef or Turkey

1 med. Onion, chopped

Vegetables of your choice: corn, grated carrots, peas

1-1/2 C Cream of Chicken Soup (or gravy, or Cream of Mushroom...)

6 med-large potatoes, boiled and mashed (leave lumpy)

Salt, to taste

Cheese, optional

Cook meat and onion together. Salt just a little. Spread in bottom of greased 9 x 13 pan. Spread vegetables over the meat. Pour on the soup or gravy. Spread mashed potatoes (salt them first!) over the meat and vegetables. Sprinkle cheese over the top, if desired. We've used cheddar and Romano and made it without. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes - long enough for cheese to get bubbly and vegies to get soft.

ebrbetty Rising Star

thank you..I've been looking for a white cake recipe for so long, what flours do you use?

lonewolf Collaborator
thank you..I've been looking for a white cake recipe for so long, what flours do you use?

I mix up 3 C brown rice flour, 1 C potato starch and 1 C tapioca starch, sifted with 2 tsp. xanthan gum. Then I measure the flour from that.

This white cake makes excellent pineapple upside-down cake.

ebrbetty Rising Star

thank you so much :D

babygirl1234 Rookie

thats all you do for the PB cookies you dont mix it together or anything? i know stupid qustion but i had to ask lol but those sound good

dionnek Enthusiast

Here are a few easy ones:

"chicken nuggets"

crush gluten-free corn flakes (I add garlic powder and some red pepper, but can do plain for kids); coat cut up chicken breasts with dijon mustard (or mayo if you like) and roll in crushed corn flake mixture. Bake at 350 for about 25 min.

Heres something I made up last night that actually turned out pretty good. I had a can of the Healthy Valley (?) cream of mushroom soup (I think that's the brand - the one that is gluten-free), which I've found to be VERY BLAND, so I decided to make lentils with it. I cooked one cup dry lentils in 2 c. chicken broth and the can of soup, with a bunch of chopped mushrooms, salt, pepper, and garlic powder (I used a lot, b/c this soup is so bland). The lentils never cooked down - still "soupy", so I served them over brown rice, and it was quite yummy.

Also, I had half a leftover cooked spaghetti squash, so I sauteed that with fresh spinach, shallots, garlic salt, and sea salt (add the sea salt at the end) and some chopped tomatoes, and it was quite tasty too. Last night was an experiment night, but it all tasted good :)

UR Groovy Explorer

Thanks Liz - I saw a few I'm interested in trying soon. I think it's nice you took the time to do that. I get so tired of the same old gluten-free meals over & over again. :)

lonewolf Collaborator
thats all you do for the PB cookies you dont mix it together or anything? i know stupid qustion but i had to ask lol but those sound good

I edited the recipe with directions. Mix all the ingredients together well. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly.

Archived