This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

New Restaurant In Tacoma, Wa

hooloovoo

hooloovoo Newbie

So firstly, a disclaimer: my step-dad is the general manager of the restaurant. However, it's because of that there's gluten free food there. So it's not so bad, I think.

Anyway.

Woody's on the Water recently opened in Tacoma, and they're in the process of becoming celiac friendly. Like I said, my step-dad, Thomas, is the general manager, and he's spent enough time eating with and cooking for me that he should be able to help if you go there and have any questions about anything. They have a gluten free menu, full of tasty food like oyster stew and prime rib. The chef and Thomas are both pretty well educated about food issues, and should be able to easily accommodate any other allergies. They're in the process of ordering gluten free beer to stock, they should have that by February. They're going to stock Green's Discovery, which is an amber beer that's really tasty, much more flavorful than the other gluten-free beers i've tried. Finally, they are also going to have gluten free bread starting soon. Besides all that, it's on the waterfront in Tacoma, right next to the glass museum and the marinas. And it's just a generally cool restaurant.

The website is woodystacoma dot com.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

flagbabyds Collaborator

yay! that makes me really happy, i'm gonna live there next year...yay!

cruelshoes Enthusiast

Thanks for the tip. We live just north of Tacoma, so we will check it out.

bakingbarb Enthusiast

That is really good news. I doubt I will make the trip to eat there as we are north of Seattle but it is still a good thing. It is always good to hear of people making food gluten free friendly.

Sounds like a wonderful place to go. I also want to check out that beer you mentioned as the redbridge is ok, just ok.

mftnchn Explorer

The website doesn't say gluten-free, and I notice they serve sandwiches and stuff. So what's the best way to arrange a meal?

I am gluten-free as well as milk and soy free.

hooloovoo Newbie
The website doesn't say gluten-free, and I notice they serve sandwiches and stuff. So what's the best way to arrange a meal?

I am gluten-free as well as milk and soy free.

Thomas has gluten free menus, though if you go in the next day or two he may have to print them out first. He's going to train the servers on dealing with dietary restrictions, but at the moment I would just ask to talk to him, because he knows what's in absolutely every dish. I'm milk free as well, so he's used to that. I can email you the gluten free menus, if you'd like.

Archived