This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

I Need Some Help As To Why All Of A Sudden I Feel Horrible

blondebombshell

blondebombshell Collaborator

i develop a horrid rash of hives anywhere from the waist down when i eat something and i do not know what that something is!

i went to an allergist who told me i WASNT allergic to wheat/gluten but WAS allergic to apples, bananas, melon and eggs and had a whole list of environmental stuff i was allergic to.

my bloodwork from my regular doctor came back as a gluten/wheat/eggs.

i had steak and rice on thursday night with a grey goose martini and the next day bloated, in pain on my left side of my stomach and COVERED in hives which are STILL there but fading. now yes, the steak had seasoning, as did the rice. the chef came out and said it was 'gluten free' but i do not know what else i could have eaten!

for an appetizer i had a bite of the salmon and mango and it did have a drizzle of something (maybe soy sauce??) but i do not know.

this felt like a BAD reaction with the way the hives looked and the way my stomach felt.

sorry so long but someone please help!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

all of my allergies/hives/bloating started in August when my derm had me on Doxycycline for acne. some seem to think that its because of the antibiotics i took that have caused me to all of a sudden have the reactions i have been having to food.

i just dont understand why 'all of a sudden' these past few months have been hell.

help!!

Darn210 Enthusiast

My husband recieved a bottle of Grey Goose for Christmas . . . on the back in real big letters it says . . . DISTILLED FROM FRENCH WHEAT.

but everyone says that grey goose is 'ok' to drink i thought!

Darn210 Enthusiast

How long were you on the antibiotics . . . long term use of antibiotics can cause an imbalance in your gut. The antibiotics will also kill of your good gut bacteria. You may want to check out probiotics. Definitely do some research, though . . . I am by no means up to par on this stuff. I am in the middle of researching probiotics for my daughter as we have had some long term symptoms that just won't go away and she has been on a long term antibiotic.

Things that make you go hmmmmm.

i was on and off them for a few months then back on them from august - october.

i have just started taking 2 probiotics a day.

OH DO YOU THINK ALL THIS food allergy stuff can go away?!

Darn210 Enthusiast
but everyone says that grey goose is 'ok' to drink i thought!

I went back and researched this a little and apparently some people have no problem with Grey Goose and some people do. If you had soy sauce, that's almost a guarantee that it had wheat . . .

Did your allergist do only scratch testing? Did your other doc do RAST testing (bloodwork) or was it a celiac panel? The RAST testing is suppose to be better for delayed reactions. In general, I've heard (not anything official), that scratch testing is better to find environmental allergies and RAST testing is better for finding food allergies.

Hives are usually an allergic response, but not necessarily. They can be caused by stress, too.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

he only did scratch testing - nothing else.

Archived