This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Need Help

jmcbride4291

jmcbride4291 Contributor

Can anyone help with what every day foods with brand names if possible I can eat and drink. I been trying to stay gluten free. I was just drinking Gatorade and felt funny. Come to find out has glucose which is forbidden. This is not the first mistake. I am on a very tight budget due to this disease sidelined me so bad am on disability. Also the list says be careful of flavorings and colors I believe. Anyway to get more specific? Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GlutenGalAZ Enthusiast

If you have a favorite food I would recommend calling the 800 line and asking, looking at their website (a lot will have notes about gluten free foods in their frequently asked question area) or you can e-mail them.

*V8 has a lot of gluten free drinks (I like V Fusion Pomegranate/Bluberry)

*A lot of the 100% Juice drinks are gluten free -- need to read the label to make sure though. I like 100% Orange Juice by Minute Maid.

*Sprite is gluten free (a lot of the coca cola products are)

*For breakfast I eat fruit

*Lunches/Dinners -- Salads, Lean Cusine Glazed Chicken, Taquitos (delimex has some that are gluten free), Kinnikinnick frozen pizza crust (order online -- they also have bread and much more), Spaghetti (Classico sauce all red/white gluten free with Ancient Harvest noodles), Soup (Progesso will label, if you e-mail Campbells they will mail you a gluten free list), Dinty Moore beef stew (I put some cheese in it for little flavor), can tuna, different meats (ground beef, steak, pork etc) with vegetables or mashed potatoes, Mac and cheese using gluten free noodles and velveeta (the block kind) if you can have dairy, Mrs. Leeper's (makes hamburger helper type meals -- you can get online or health food type stores) and Uncle Ben's rice (their Fast & Natural Whole Grain Instant Brown Rice is really good -- says gluten free on the back of the box) I like to make a rice bowl with the rice, ground beef and put some BBQ Sauce in it. Oh if you like tacos -- Mission has white corn tortillas and hard shells (say gluten free on packaging).

Hope this helps. There are a lot of foods in the grocery store that are gluten free. If you have a WalMart (Great Value brand) they print Gluten Free on the package if it is. Kraft is also a brand that will list gluten if present in the ingredients. Hormel has a lot of gluten free items.

GOOD LUCK!

missy'smom Collaborator

Glucose is a sugar and is OK.

Here are lists of safe and forbidden ingredients.

https://www.celiac.com/categories/Safe-Glut...6amp%3B-Ingred/

Kraft is a company that will list all gluten so if it is made by Kraft and the label DOESN"T say "WHEAT" or "BARLEY" it is OK.

By law wheat has to be listed as wheat but barley does not so we have to learn the ingreddients that may contain it and call, look up on a website or e-mail the comany to check whether or not it is gluten-free.

Lisa Mentor
Can anyone help with what every day foods with brand names if possible I can eat and drink. I been trying to stay gluten free. I was just drinking Gatorade and felt funny. Come to find out has glucose which is forbidden. This is not the first mistake. I am on a very tight budget due to this disease sidelined me so bad am on disability. Also the list says be careful of flavorings and colors I believe. Anyway to get more specific? Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

It takes a while to get everything straight. Your Gatorade should be fine and glucose is not gluten related.

Here is some beginners information:

Open Original Shared Link

Here is a list of companies who will clearly list all forms of gluten (as in wheat, barley, malt and rye):

Open Original Shared Link

Here is a list of Forbidden things:

https://www.celiac.com/articles/182/1/Unsaf...ents/Page1.html

I hope these will be helpful. On this site in the Product thread you will find more brand name products that we have found to be safe. Good luck.

kbtoyssni Contributor

Hormel deli meats are labeled gluten-free. Oscar Meyer is owned by Kraft and therefore will have gluten labeled (pretty sure many of OM's products have caramel color so it's nice to know this brand will label if it contains gluten). Smuckers always labels gluten.

Remember that while you're still healing even gluten-free foods can make you feel sick. You gut is irritated so anything you put in it can cause random pains. Give it time. I would think Gatorade would be ok, but I guess not!

Archived