This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Posting Cps (canadian Pharmaceutical Services) Lists Of Gluten-free Manufacturers In Cps

toomuchagony

toomuchagony Apprentice

Hi Folks!

First I'd just like to say whilst am here and have the chance to...

For the record I am both better and the same as far as all my "digestive issues" ... my "blood tests came back as negative at ( 2 < 20 Iga) :( (And I only withdrew gluten Friday afternoon until Sunday afternoon and then pigged out on wheat ALL day Sunday & Monday morn before they took the blood!) Now I have finally got an appt to see a GI (Celiac familiar too! :D on April 7th, meanwhile I am even "eating foods" (as in plural or variety), have halted "losing" weight but staying at 119, and now have been gluten free about a week I think, (had some errors with my "antacid meds" which led me to this post today actually). My D continues BUT it is no longer so, hmmm how to say it, pressurized I am happy to say, though unfortunately my "malabsorbtion issue" is all to obviously apparent by the fact that, hmmmm again let's see, well ya know how "corn goes in and out pretty much the same" in my case EVERYTHING does just that, even Iceberg Lettuce looks da same in and out <_< Anyhoo... now I'm babbling about me... on to the point of the post!

While I am not at all sure just how many fellow "Canadians" there are as members or even readers of the forums, BUT heck I know I am, so I figured that this particular "gluten-free List" would and could be a benefit to others to have and so I decided to share it in a post here today... For me one of the more difficult aspects of "going gluten-free" has proven to be NOT my "food" so much but more frequently with "OTC & Prescription Medications", which I take many of, for both other ailments and my newer too significant "digestive symptoms". From my Synthroid med to painkiller to "antacid & Immodioum" discovering whether they were safe "Gluten wise" took me journey after journey to the pharmacy counter to ask "please check this for me" and unfortunately, quite a few "trial & errors" too, before one of the Pharmacists so kindly "ripped out the list page from the BIG blue CPS book and gave me a "photocopy" of it... (an earthly angel she is ;) I hope it may save others some of my own errors and make their Celiac journey a tad easier perhaps. The list below is copyright by the publisher and is transcribed verbatim as it appears upon the photocopied page, it is shared here without gain and it should NOT be used in any way to "obtain profit". Please note; I will also be posting another small list table of a very few "Gluten containing" Pharmacuticals within CPS, along with the 'information text" on the particulars of Celiac Disease intended to educate and inform Pharmacists consulting the CPS. And I'll do that for ya, just as soon as I get my next "bathroom break" (away from it that is eh :lol:

CPS GLUTEN-FREE PHARMACEUTICAL MANUFACTURERS

Table 3 lists manufacturers who participate in CPS and do NOT use gluten in the products they have included in CPS. The list is based on information provided by the manufacturers. In some cases, raw materials used in the manufacturing process are obtained from sources other than the pharmaceutical industry and may contain traces of gluten of which the manufacturer is unaware. It should not be assumed that manufacturers not listed do use gluten. This list is not exhaustive and should serve as an initial screening tool. For information on specific drug products, consult the supplied section of individual CPS product monographs or contact the manufacturer directly.

Table 3: Gluten-free Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Who Participate in CPS

Manufacturer

3M Pharmaceuticals

Actelion

Allergan

ALTANA Pharma

Amersham

Apotex

Aurium

Baxter

Biogen Idec

Bioniche

BioTime

Biovail Pharmaceuticals

BLES

Boehringer Ingelheirn

Bristol

Bristol-Myers Squibb

Canderm Pharma

Chattom

Church & Dwight

Cobalt

Convatec

Cytex

Duchesnay

ERFA Canada

Fournier Pharma

Genpharm

Gilead Sciences

Glenwood

Hill

Hospira

ID Biomedical

Insight Pharma

King Pharma

LEO

Lundbeck

Mayne Pharma

Mead Johnson Nutritionals

Medexus

Odan

Organon

Pharmaceutical Partners

Prestwick

Purdue Pharma

Riva

Rivex Pharma

Roche

sanofi-aventis

sanofi pasteur

Serono

Servier

Shire BioChem

Sigma-Tau

Smith & Nephew

Solvay Pharma

Sopherion

Stellar

Stiefel

Tanta

TCD

Teva Neuroscience

Theramed

Trianon

tyco Healthcare

USANA Health Sciences

Valeant

Virco

Warner Chilcott

Waymar

Westwood-Squibb

Wyeth Consumer Healthcare

-------------------------------------------END LIST ONE --------------------------------------------

If you are interested please watch for another post which contains both CPS information regarding the basics of Celiac Disease, and VERY small list (4 products only) of products that DO contain gluten ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ive Rookie

Thank you very much for this list! I will watch for your post with other information about CPS.

Again, thank you, this list will definitely help me.

Archived