This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What Is This? Warn 0% Box Box Box Box Box

ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass Mentor

When I log on today I found a warn icon next to my name and a zero percent with boxes. What the devil is this? I haven't seen it before and if I posted something someone didn't like why wasn't I PM'd or contacted about it?

Well I have looked over the board a bit and see this next to noone else's name. I guess I am to assume that the powers that be no longer want my voice. So be it. Bye

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lisa Mentor
When I log on today I found a warn icon next to my name and a zero percent with boxes. What the devil is this? I haven't seen it before and if I posted something someone didn't like why wasn't I PM'd or contacted about it?

Scott has been "tweaking" for site a bit. A warning would not have been issued without you being told about, but you're not likely to recieve one. I see nothing unusual about your post page. Is it still a problem?

ravenwoodglass Mentor
Scott has been "tweaking" for site a bit. A warning would not have been issued without you being told about, but you're not likely to recieve one. I see nothing unusual about your post page. Is it still a problem?

Until it disappears yes. It makes every post I have made suspect to those who don't know me.

cruelshoes Enthusiast

I see it under my name also, but not on anyone else's. I think we can probably only see our own. What is it measuring? How many warnings we get? And if it gets to 100% then.........? How long does a warning last? Anybody can have a bad day now and again, and I'd hate to think that kind of thing follows one around forever.

Mom23boys Contributor

I was about to ask about the same thing. I don't see your "warn box" but I do see mine. I'm thinking that we can only see our own?? I would guess that if we got a warning only we would see it?? It kind of alarmed me at first but the 0% was reassuring. :lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Usually its only moderators who have the capability of viewing this and who are able to issue a warning. As Lisa stated Scott was tweaking the board and possibly this feature needs to be reset.

Ravenwoodglass, a 0% simply means that you have never been issued a warning. ;)

Also, people are not issued warnings unless they violate one of the board rules.

EDIT: If people are only able to view their own warning bar and not anyone else's then it shouldnt be a problem and noone is issued a warning without being made aware of it.

psawyer Proficient

Scott did make some software changes yesterday. It sounds like ordinary members can now see their own warn level. If it shows 0% then no warnings have been issued. As a moderator, I can see everybody's level, and can issue a warning if the member violates the board rules. This is never done without communicating the reason to the member.

After three warnings, the member's posting privileges are suspended.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Ravenwood--

Please don't feel bad or consider leaving the forum over this--it sounds like while Scott was tweaking some things on the board, somehow, the warning bar became visable to each (or some) member(s).

This bar is generally only visable to the moderators--all members have one, including the mods. Having a 0% means, as Rachel said, that you have not ever been warned. Mine reads the same :)

If a member is warned, they always are contacted and told why.

There was a persistant spammer on the board all day yesterday, and the usual method used to ban him/her didn't work, so I'm sure that in an attempt to correct this, the warning bars were made visable in some cases.

Please know that you were never singled out and that virtually nothing changed regarding your profile--you are a valued member of this forum :D

Lisa Mentor
Ravenwood--

Please don't feel bad or consider leaving the forum over this--it sounds like while Scott was tweaking some things on the board, somehow, the warning bar became visable to each (or some) member(s).

This bar is generally only visable to the moderators--all members have one, including the mods. Having a 0% means, as Rachel said, that you have not ever been warned. Mine reads the same :)

If a member is warned, they always are contacted and told why.

There was a persistant spammer on the board all day yesterday, and the usual method used to ban him/her didn't work, so I'm sure that in an attempt to correct this, the warning bars were made visable in some cases.

Please know that you were never singled out and that virtually nothing changed regarding your profile--you are a valued member of this forum :D

YEAH.....what she said :D

home-based-mom Contributor

For what it's worth, I can see my own warning level (which is "0" :P ) but I see no one else's.

So your secrets are safe from me! :lol:

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Thanks guys for the clarification. The 0% was reassuring but I was alarmed that I could only see it on mine and thought others could see it also.

Life has been throwing more difficulties and hard decisions my way the last couple of weeks and the stupid use of an unchecked hand lotion that smelled so great has me in a not nice place emotionally and physically. The thought that I might not be wanted in the one place where I have a purpose was more distressing than it would have been normally.

Thanks again for letting me know what was going on.

jerseyangel Proficient
For what it's worth, I can see my own warning level (which is "0" :P ) but I see no one else's.

So your secrets are safe from me! :lol:

Ah--that answers my question :D I had wondered about that myself!

lizard00 Enthusiast

I've got nothing to add to the explanation. But I will say that you've helped me out a lot, especially in the beginning, so you better not go!! :D

I'm sure if this wasn't Scott's intent, he'll take care of it. But as a PP said, your 0% warn should be reassuring.

Ursa Major Collaborator
Thanks guys for the clarification. The 0% was reassuring but I was alarmed that I could only see it on mine and thought others could see it also.

Life has been throwing more difficulties and hard decisions my way the last couple of weeks and the stupid use of an unchecked hand lotion that smelled so great has me in a not nice place emotionally and physically. The thought that I might not be wanted in the one place where I have a purpose was more distressing than it would have been normally.

Thanks again for letting me know what was going on.

I am glad you are not leaving over having had no warnings! :rolleyes::D

It is as the others said, yesterday we couldn't get rid of an indecent spammer! As soon as I made one of his posts invisible, there would be another. The normal thing used to be that when somebody got three warnings, they would automatically be banned. But after giving him three warnings, he was still being able to post with impunity and getting bolder! It was very frustrating.

The moderators have always been able to see your warning level (which is, obviously, at zero). I can see everybody's, including mine.

But apparently, all the 'regular' members can now all see just their own. Which I guess is fine, you will get used to it.

I hope you feel better soon.

RiceGuy Collaborator

I hadn't even noticed, but yes, I see my own level as well. Perhaps it is by design, so we each know what our own warn level is. That would be my guess.

Glad to know that the confusion has been straightened out, and that ravenwoodglass and everyone else is remaining a valued member of this board.

psawyer Proficient

With a little help from another member, I have confirmed that a regular member can see their own warn level, but nobody else's. They can click on the percentage to open the pop-up window which gives details about their warnings if they have any.

As always, the mods can see everybody's, and can issue (or rescind) warnings.

Don't worry. :)

GlutenGalAZ Enthusiast

Last night I went into my name to check out a post I had done and saw the Warning there at 0%. This morning when I signed on there it was next to my name when I posted -- I freaked like I am sure others did wondering why I saw mine but no one else's and what did this mean.

I am happy that someone posted about this situation -- it did clear up concern about what was going on b/c I felt like I did nothing wrong and also did not see the warning/boxes next to anyone else's name.

Thanks for clearing it up :D

dollamasgetceliac? Explorer
Last night I went into my name to check out a post I had done and saw the Warning there at 0%. This morning when I signed on there it was next to my name when I posted -- I freaked like I am sure others did wondering why I saw mine but no one else's and what did this mean.

I am happy that someone posted about this situation -- it did clear up concern about what was going on b/c I felt like I did nothing wrong and also did not see the warning/boxes next to anyone else's name.

Thanks for clearing it up :D

I was wondering the same thing also i typed something and the word changed? freaky <_< I was asking about food allergies and it typed Lame Advertisment ( i never typed that) I treid to edit it and I could not. Do you supose the spammer messes up the Forum. I am new here and i really enjoy writing to all of you but I think this is strange I hope you guys can fix this. I do hope so soon. Thanks

psawyer Proficient

There are a number of automatic substitutions that take place here. Some are to improve clarity and make entries easier to find using a search engine. Two common two-letter abbreviations are replaced by "celiac disease" and "gluten-free" respectively.

A large number of product/site names have been implicated in spam problems in the past. Such names are replaced with "Lame Advertisement." I can't tell you the list, because only Scott (admin) knows the whole list, and even if I did know, the list would show up as Lame Advertisement, Lame Advertisement, Lame Advertisement, Lame Advertisement, Lame Advertisement, etc. :blink:

You can sometimes work around it by inserting spaces or making other changes which get past the filter.

For example: amazon dot com

cruelshoes Enthusiast

I wish the warn/box would go away. It feels like it is just lurking there. Watching me. Waiting for me to screw up. Waiting to POUNCE!!! Where is the scary movie music to go with it? :blink:

Seriously, I wish it was gone.

AliB Enthusiast

I know exactly what you mean! It is sitting there - all accusatory even though I haven't broken any rules, like the proverbial 'Big Brother'.

The fact that I couldn't see anyone else's made it worse - it felt like I had been singled out for some reason!

So, if only the Mods can usually see it does that mean that we have all been made Moderators!!! :o

Please can you get rid of it Scott, please, pretty please..............it's put me off posting.

Calicoe Rookie

I appreciate this thread, because I am relatively new here and logged on and saw the same thing. I was starting to wonder what the heck I said or did. I thought it was a pre-warning grace period or something. Thanks for clearing it up.

• 2 weeks later...
purple Community Regular

Gee thanks everyone. I was wondering about it too...ditto...ditto...ditto

kenlove Rising Star

Add me to the list -- thanks for answering.

I thought it was a little strange since mine said 0% but I had a warning when I didnt think and posted my own website once.

ken

Lisa Mentor
Add me to the list -- thanks for answering.

I thought it was a little strange since mine said 0% but I had a warning when I didnt think and posted my own website once.

ken

No, Ken, what you got was a "courtesy call", not a warning. We save the warnings for very special people. :P

Archived