This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Geographic Location

Guest Leidenschaft

Guest Leidenschaft

Hi, this isn't a technical question, rather a request to board users....

While I understand and respect a person's right to privacy, I find it so much nicer to know the geographic region of my new "pal".

Since the time zone feature of the board is often overlooked, it's not even possible to rely on a four hour time difference as an assurance that a person is in the West... Even if we narrow it down to state or province for you concerned about Celiac stalkers :o , it would make sharing with each other so much nicer!

Many of the products, services and resources we share are zonal. For instance, I'm on the East end of Canada in New Brunswick, my mother (16 years gluten-free experience!) is in the West, in British Columbia. Many products I can get, she can't and vice versa. If we are to share our resourses, I think we can best serve each other by knowing if it's even practical to refer a certain product, or service.

Also, as we make "connections" with different people on the board, it would be nice to know what time zone they're in so we can make our posts when they are more likely to be online! I already have a half day's work in while you Westerners are just getting out of bed! :lol:

So, my challenge to all of you is to come out of your geographical closet, click on My Controls, and enter your location! :P

Well, I'm off to do evening chores, likely Mom is just finishing lunch! :blink::lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bklyn Enthusiast

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida :D

Guest Leidenschaft

Oh PLEASE send me some warmth, I'm freezing my a** off! :( It's even below zero here on YOUR scale!!! -25C for the last two weeks!!!

However, this info is still only available in this post, you must click on My Controls, and edit your personal info so that people who are intersted in you can click on your user name and see your profile!

Thanks! :)

Guest Viola

This is a great idea! Also, products in the US are quite often different from Canada as far as ingredients go. They may have the same brand name, and picture on the box, but sometimes in Canada malt is added. This is especially true with cereals. So knowing from which country you are from would help with product discussions. :rolleyes:

MySuicidalTurtle Enthusiast

I am in Georgia.

celiac3270 Collaborator

Live in New York City....NY State, of course :lol:

Guest Viola

I Think what Tammy wanted us to do was to edit our signature and add our location to the signature. That way we know the location of the person when we answer a post from any topic page. :) The location just goes with us :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

celiac3270 Collaborator

Oh, okay :) I have "ny" at the end of my signature--added it maybe 2 weeks ago just for the point of it :lol:

whimsygirl Newbie

Just trying it out to see if my edited signature worked! :lol:

Guest Viola

That's great whimsygirl ... looks good to me :D

VegasCeliacBuckeye Collaborator

Done and Done...

Jeap Newbie

How is my signature.

Lots going on in our little town with Celiac. Local Endo really testing folks.

Local Drug store is putting in a new line from the gluten-free Pantry. Maybe we want have to wait on the snail mail delivery.

Thanks for everyones help. It is good to know we are not alone in this.

God Bless :D

Canadian Karen Community Regular

I am from the Toronto region but am still trying to figure out how to get my profile info stuff to come at the end of my posts..... In case you haven't figured it out yet, I am completely "message board illiterate"...... lol!

Karen

Canadian Karen Community Regular

Hurray!!!! Figured it out!!! There is hope for me yet..... lol.....

darlindeb25 Collaborator

otay----now everyone knows where i live too--hehe----i didnt add the formerly michigan part, but most of you here that do know me already know that--hehe :lol: deb

jessman Newbie

I'm with Karen; message board illiterate! I'm posting to see if this turns out right.

We've got a good health food store in Key Largo with some gluten-free foods and the owner is very receptive to suggestions for additional products. There's also Wild Oats in Miami for those who want to make the trip up the 18 mile stretch.

Guest Leidenschaft

Good to see so many people coming out of the closet! :D

Man, Broncobux, you get around! :blink::lol:

I've had many different addresses over the years, but so far just gluten-free in NB! Sure glad I've had my mom's 16+ yrs experience with this, although she's learned a few new things since I went gluten-free! ;) This board among them! :)

Glad to have you all as part of my day, I'm learning a ton, and not feeling like such a misfit!

Ding, ding, oh, my microwave is calling! Mmm, Thai Kitchen!!! :wub:

Carriefaith Enthusiast

I am from Prince Edward Island, Canada.

Guest Leidenschaft
B) Cool! Somebody in my time zone!! :D
Carriefaith Enthusiast

Yea! I don't think there are many people on this board in Maritimes.

2new2celiacs Newbie

Hi all just checking to see if my change went into effect.

-Sarah

celiac3270 Collaborator

Just a note...

If you change your signature and enter a post you've posted in or click on your user name, it should reflect that change, provided that the you open the post after you make the change or refresh it. It's fine to post, but just wanted to let you know :lol:

Guest Viola

I'm so glad to see so many doing this :D Now if only I could see some in my time zone :lol:

Guest Leidenschaft

I'm glad to see the posts! :) Shows me that I had a good idea! :D

Thanks everyone for playing along!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Viola
Hi, this isn't a technical question, rather a request to board users....

While I understand and respect a person's right to privacy, I find it so much nicer to know the geographic region of my new "pal". 

Since the time zone feature of the board is often overlooked, it's not even possible to rely on a four hour time difference as an assurance that a person is in the West...  Even if we narrow it down to state or province for you concerned about Celiac stalkers  :o , it would make sharing with each other so much nicer!

Many of the products, services and resources we share are zonal.  For instance, I'm on the East end of Canada in New Brunswick, my mother (16 years gluten-free experience!) is in the West, in British Columbia.  Many products I can get, she can't and vice versa.  If we are to share our resourses, I think we can best serve each other by knowing if it's even practical to refer a certain product, or service.

Also, as we make "connections" with different people on the board, it would be nice to know what time zone they're in so we can make our posts when they are more likely to be online!  I already have a half day's work in while you Westerners are just getting out of bed!  :lol:

So, my challenge to all of you is to come out of your geographical closet, click on My Controls, and enter your location!  :P

Well, I'm off to do evening chores, likely Mom is just finishing lunch!  :blink:  :lol:

Can we try and get this started up again? It's such a good idea, and we always seem to be asking if the products are in Canada or the U.S. And even chain stores seem to be East, or West! It's so easy to check out which state or province the post is coming from if your location is in your signature. :rolleyes:

Archived