This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Probiotics And Candida

christtheking

christtheking Contributor

Any one used Lac Three or Primal Defence in knocking out Candida? I have a been diagnosed yeast allergy as well as gluten. I'm going to start to eat less sugars (Candida Diet) in addition to the gluten-free diet. Any one else, suffer with Candida (yeast allergy) and can offer advice? Do Probiotics help or is the diet enough? -

Also in info on the reliabilty of this test:

Open Original Shared Link

I do have a yeast allergy (York Labs +2) but thought this to be an interesting double witness.

THANKS TO ALL!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

I have candida in the small intestine and I use Nystatin. I was never on the candida diet just the gluten free. I do take probiotics which seem to also help.

I also recommend you getting on enzymes and a good liquid vitamin.

If you ever need any help or recommendations feel free to contact me or just ask anyone on the board...they are all great :D

bmorrow Rookie

I also have a yeast allergy, but I don't quite understand. Does testing positive for a yeast allergy indicate that you have candida? I had an appointment with my GI last week, and he told me that he thought that it was possible that I have bacterial overgrowth, but didn't mention anything about candida. He prescribed Flagyl for 20 days, and told me to continue with the prescription enzymes-Ultrase. I have kind of been ignoring this yeast thing, since I am already trying to be gluten and dairy free. It sounds like it is time that I learn more about it!

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

Beverly

Candida can cause similar symptoms of celiac...so if you have still been having trouble especially you may want to look into it.

Probiotics, enzymes, and vitamins( I prefer liquid) are good to take :D

If you need more info just contact me

Rikki Tikki Explorer

I was never checked for any other allergies. How and what do I need to ask for?

Thanks

Sally

Guest nini

I was dx with systemic candida overgrowth at least 2 years before I was dx with celiac. I tried the candida diet, but I don't really feel like giving up sugar too! I take an herbal supplement Yeast Cleanse by Solaray, and I'm going to try a product called Isotonix, it's digestive enzymes with probiotics, it is gluten free and says so right on the label. I bought it from my brother in law who is a dist. for Market America.

Sally: I highly recomend York Labs

Open Original Shared Link

I have used them as have so many others on this forum, including my mother and brother. Excellent easy test for many foods.

Kaiti: What is the difference between probioticsa and enzymes? Do you have a fav? Why?

Nini: Let me know how things progress. Also I have heard that you only need to leave sugar out for a month to "starve the yeast out". Makes sense to me, if the fungus lives off sugar then it must be taken out or destroyed.

THANKS FOLKS! and remember Christ is King!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

Probiotic bacteria favorably alter the intestinal microflora balance, inhibit the growth of harmful bacteria, promote good digestion, boost immune function, and increase resistance to infection.Probiotic bacteria also produce substances called bacteriocins, which act as natural antibiotics to kill undesirable microorganisms.

Enzymes help with digestion and so forth. I think taking both of them will be beneficial for you.

I take both of these I think they are both essential in their own ways.

Kaiti: What do you think of Culturelle?

Archived