This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Halloween Candies

melly

melly Rookie

hey hey this is my first time going gluten-free trick or treating and i dont know wich treats are gluten free and i dont want to be onn the phone all week callig places please share noledge sory i didnt spell that wright and help make gluten-free teat eating a little bit eisier

thanks

ps. my fist gluten-free bday is comming the same month any ideas

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

bluelotus Contributor

MandM's are gluten-free, except the krispy kind in the blue. So are hershey's bite-sized bars, but again, not the krispy variety (in red). Peppermint Patties are gluten-free, as are Hot Tamales, Dots, Totsie Rolls, Swedish Fish, Mike and Ike, Charleston Chew. These were the candies I used to eat (until I had to stop eating dairy). I think Jelly Bellies are as well, though you should double check, there may be some no-no flavors. I miss trick or treating - I'm 23 now, so sorry, not entirely a teenager - be a little weird if I went out. :huh: Hope you have fun!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ziggy10

Don't forget Reese's! The best candy I've ever had the pleasure to taste! But not the vanilla ones.. they're wheat free I'm pretty sure.. but they taste terrible. As for birthdays.. I tend to stick with gluten-free cheesecake. There are tons of good recipes for those and you don't get let down by the not-as-good gluten free birthday cake. But then again.. I really like cheesecake so I might be biased.

nettiebeads Apprentice
hey hey this is my first time going gluten-free trick or treating and i dont know wich treats are gluten free  and i dont want to be  onn the phone all week callig places please share noledge sory i didnt spell that wright and help make gluten-free teat eating a little bit eisier 

thanks

ps. my fist gluten-free bday is comming the same month any ideas

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay, so I'm not a teen - but twizzlers and licorice is out. And if you like ice cream cake, call DQ a couple of days ahead and I think they can make one up for you that would be gluten-free. (My great nephew was born on 10/31)

Jnkmnky Collaborator

Open Original Shared Link

Here are some.

• 2 weeks later...
melly Rookie

thanks for the tips keep em commin

ziggy 10 I totaly love cheese cake 2

stef-the-kicking-cuty Enthusiast
I miss trick or treating - I'm 23 now, so sorry, not entirely a teenager - be a little weird if I went out.    :huh:    Hope you have fun!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think it's weird. I'm 29 and still go around with my martial arts kids students...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

sclarkey2003 Newbie

I was once told that the regular bite sized plain hershey's chocolates are gluten-free, but the ones that come in the multi packs with other hershey candies aren't. I've never checked up on it to see if it's true, but you might want to

celiac3270 Collaborator

Yeah--I saw that on Delphi. They use a different paste to keep the packaging on or something--and the paste for those that are in the multi-packs contains malt.

I'm 14 and I don't trick or treat anymore! I stopped... I guess two years ago.

Oh, some candy?

Gluten Free Candy List

October 2005

Disclaimer:  This list is for reference only and the user should contact manufacturers directly.  It is a guideline and the user accepts full responsibility for use of it.  At the time of it’s posting, it is believed to be accurate with current gluten-free information.  As a gluten-free consumer, you are responsible for making your own food selections.  I am not a medical expert, I’m a mom of a Celiac pre-schooler who is always on a quest for gluten-free knowledge.

Notes:  Please beware of candy that is not in it’s “normal shape.”  Often times, that means the ingredients are different, and could very well contain gluten.  Bags of mixed treats that do have gluten containing treats that touch each other should be discarded due to cross-contamination.  If there is a treat that may not be listed on here, do not be alarmed… just check with the manufacturer.  I couldn’t get them all on here and I’m sure there are some I have forgotten.

Thanks:  I would like to thank all of the people who have shared information to make this list possible… including several ROCK leaders (Sue of NJ ROCK, Carrie of Reno ROCK, and Melissa of TampaBay ROCK) who consistently share their information with me and our ROCK Northern Virginia chapter.  I’d also like to thank Lindsay Amadeo of Iowa (who maintains a wonderful gluten-free commercial product listing which includes many tricks and treats), SillyYaks Yahoo!groups members including Judy Kramer, and members of the St. John’s Celiac List Serv.  Thanks to EVERYONE who responded in my quest for updating my list from last year.

~ Have a Spook-tacular Halloween!!!

Melonie Katz  (October 18, 2005)

GLUTEN FREE “SUGGESTIONS”:

• 3 Muskateers

• After Eight Dinner Mints

• Airheads (January 2004)

• Allan Brand Candy Canes

• Almond Joy by Hershey’s

• Altoids - gluten will be listed on label as wheat, rye, barley, or oats (Kraft product)  Please note that Altoids gum CONTAINS GLUTEN! 

• Ande’s Mints (March 2005)

• ANDI Bars (Gluten Free and Casein Free) available through www.glutenfreepantry.com

• Astro Pops

• Baby Ruth  by Nestle  (October 2005)

• Bazooka Gum (August 2004) 

• Beechnut: Peppermint, Spearmint, Cinnamon flavors (September 2003)

• Big League Chew Gum (Original, Grape, Strawberry)

• Bit O Honey by Nestle  (October 2005)

• Bottle caps by Wonka (October 2005)

• Break Bar by Glutino (looks/tastes like a Kit Kat, but it IS gluten-free, whereas KitKats are not) available at www.allergygrocer.com

• Breath savers Mints (Sugar Free, Iced Mint, Mint Cinnamon, Peppermint, Spearmint, Vanilla Mint, WinterGreen)

• Bubbilicious Gum  (April 2003)

• Bubble Yum Gum

• Butterfinger  by Nestle (October 2005)

• Butterfinger BBs  (February 2004)

• Butterfinger Poppables

• Butterfinger: Pumpkins  (September 2003)

• Cadbury Candy Bars (Fundraising Bar, Bunnies, Caramilk, Caramilk Roll, Crunchie, Dairy Milk, Easter Egg Creams, Easter Parade, Fruit & Nut, Golden Caramel, Hazelnut, Mini Eggs, Roast Almond, Rum & Butter) 

• Cadbury List (March 2005)

o Bunny Eggs

o Bassetts American Hard Gums

o Bassetts and Beyond:  (Big Bruiser Blackcurrant and Apple, Big Brusier Cherry, Bruiser Kola, Black Jack and fruit Salad Chews, Black Jack and Fruit Salad Lollies, Bootie Bags, Dolly Mixtures, Flumps, Frosties Fizzy, Frosties Fruit,  Fruit Salad Chew Bar, Fruit Salad Chews, Fruitang, Grummy Fruit Gaces, Gummy Jungle Mix, Gummy Kola Bottles, Gummy Milk Bottles, Gummy Zingy Fruits, Mega Mix, Nougat, Refresher, Refresher Lollies, Refresher Cola. Refresher Gums, Sweet Treats)

o Bassetts (Aniseed Imperials, Assorted Toffeees, Cherry Drops, Everton Mints, Fruit BonBons, Fruit Favorites, Jelly Babies, Just Fruit Gums, Just Fruit Jellies, Lemon Bon Bons, Mint Creams, Mint Favourites, Mint Imperials, Murray Mints, Pear Drops, Shermon Lemon, Spearmint Imperials, Strawberry BonBons, Sweetshop Favorites, Toffee Bonbons, Toffees and Fudge Favorites, Traditions Favourites)

o Best English Mints Barket and Dobson

o Blackcurrant and Liquorice Barker/Craven/Sharps

o Blackcurrant Hacks

o Bonbons All Flavours Sharps

o Butterscotch Keiller

o Buttons

o Cadbury World Choco Notes

o Café 12 Truffles (Bucks Fizz, Cappuccino, Champagne, Cherry Brandy, Cointreau, Forest Fruits, Irish Cream, Lemon, Malibu, Orange, Rum, Tia Maria)

o Café 6 Truffles (Cappuccino, Champagne, Irish Cream, Malibu, Rum, Tia Maria)

o Café (Apple and Hazelnut, Apricot and Almond, Assorted Fudge, Caramelized Pecan, Chocolate Fudge, City of Bath, Classic Collection, Clotted Cream Fudge, Dairy Milk, Fondue, Football, Giant Curly Wurly, Giant Egg Milk, Giant Fudge, Large Egg Mik, Large Egg Plain, Lemon, Letters, Lime, Luxury Hearts, Mandarin, Mint Thins, Orange and Walnut, P’apple and Macadamia, Pineapple, Rugby Ball, Rum and Raisin Fudge, Sorbet Thins, Vanilla Fudge, Vintage)

o Candy Bananas Barratt

o Candy Seafood Barratt

o Candy Shrimps Barratt

o Caramel

o Caramel Egg

o Caramelt Tree Novelties

o Caramels

o Chocolate Brazils Jamesons

o Chocolate Caramel Creams Jamesons

o Chocolate Limes Barket and Dobson

o Chocolate Limes Craven

o Chocolate Mint Crisp Barker and Dobs

o Chocolate Orange Creams Jamesons

o Chocolate Peanuts Jamesons

o Chocolate Raisins Jamesons

o Chocolate Strawb Creams Jamesons

o Chocolate Turkish Delight Jamesons

o Chomp

o Coconut Mushrooms Wilkinsons

o Comforters Barratt

o Cough Candy Twist Bassett Fundays

o Cream Toffees All Flavours Sharps

o Creamy White Buttons

o Crème Egg

o Crunchie

o Crunchie Nuggets

o Curly Wurly

o Curly Wurly Squirlies

o Dairy Fudge All Flavours Sharps

o Dairy Milk (Advent Calendars, Milk Coins, Miniatures, Shots, Tasters, Tree Novelties, With Turkish,

o Dream Egg ( CREAMY WHITE)

o Easter Eggs Shells

o Everton Mints Barker and Dobson

o Flake/ Flake 99/ Flake 99 Family Box

o Flake Dipped

o Flake Snow

o Football

o Fruit and Nut Tasters

o Fruit Bonbons Pascall

o Fry’s (Chocolate Cream, Orange Cream, Peppermint Cream, Turkish Delight)

o Fudge (Fudge, All Flavours Keiller, Craven)

o Fundays (Buttermints, Chocolate Limes)

o Hazel Whirls

o Hazels in Caramel

o Heroes ( Caramel, Dairy Milk, Fudge, Nuts about Caramel, Twirl)

o Hollow Bunny

o Jelly Beans Bassett’s

o Just Fruit (Gums Maynards, Jellies, Pastilles Bassett Fundays, Pastilles Maynards)

o Kola (Chews Barratt, Cubes Pascall, Drops Pascall)

o Kopp Kopps Pascall

o Marble

o Marshmallow Pascal

o Massive Chew Bars All Bassett’s and Beyond

o Maynards (Sors, Wine Gums, Wine Gums Reds and Blacks, Wine Pastilles)

o Menthol and Eucalyptus Mints

o Merry Maid Caramels Jamesons

o Microwave Butter Butterkist

o Microwave Salty Butterkist

o Microwave Savoury Butterkist

o Microwave Savoury Butterkist

o Midget Gems Bassett (Fundays, Maynards)

o Milk Chocolate Coins

o Milk Gums Bassett FUndays

o Milk Gums Maynards

o Milk Teeth Barratt

o Milk Tray (Milk Tray Orange Truffle, Eastern Delight, Fudge Dream, Hazelnut Caress, Honey Love, Nut Secret, Soft Whisper, Strawberries Kiss, Caramel Charm, Caramel Hear, Hazelnut Heaven, Mocha Mystery)

o Mini Caramel Egg

o Mini Crème Egg

o Mini Eggs

o Mint (Creams Clarnico Bassett Fundays, Crisp, Holldy, Humbugs Barker and Dobson)

o Mint Humbugs Craven

o Mint Imperials

o Milk Gums Bassett Fundays

o Murry Buttermints Bassett Fundays

o Mye

o Nuts about Caramel

o Original Hacks

o Peanut Brittel Trebor

o Pineapple Chunks Pascall

o Roses (Cadbury Dairy Milk, Hazel Whirl, Assortment, Brazilian Darkness, Caramel, Caramel Velvet, Chocolate Bite, Chunky Truffle, Country Fudge, Golden Barrel, Hazel in Caramel, Nutty Log, Praline Moment, Strawberries and Crème, Tangy Orange

o Ruffles All Flavours Jamesons

o Salad Gums Maynards

o Sherbet (Dippers All Barratt, Fruits Pascal, Strawberrry Pascal)

o Snowbites

o Soft Fruit Centres Barker and Dobson

o Soft Fruit Centres Craven

o Spearmint Chews Barratt

o Spira

o Sugared Popcorn Butterkist

o Sweet Peanuts Pascall

o Toasted Teacakes Wilkinsons

o Toffee All Flavours (Bards, Butterkists, Pims)

o Toffee Lollies Barratt

o Trebor (24-7 Mighty Mints, Coolmints- contains Sorbitol, Extra Strong Mints, Extra Strong Mints Menthol and Eucalyptus, Extra Strong Mints Spearmint, Mightly Mints, Mini Softmints, Mints, Soft Fruits, Soft Mints Spearmint, Soft Minuts Peppermint)

o Tree Novelties Holly

o Turkish Delight (Jamesons, Selfline)

o Twirl

o Wholenut Taste

• CAMBRIDGE BRANDS, INC. (March 2005) (thank you for contacting us.  We are delighted to be able to inform you that, at this time, to the very best of our knowledge, all of our confections are gluten free.  We do not use wheat, barley, rye, oats, triticale, spelt or any of their components and that includes our dusting on our conveyor belts.  We do use corn and soy products in the manufacturing of our products.)  Junior Mints, Charleston Chew, Junior Caramels

• Candy Corn by Goelitz (October 2003) is also VEGETARIAN. Verified: 10/22/03

• Carefree Gum  (September 2003)

• Carmel-a-lot  by Cambridge (September 2003)

• CELLA'S CONFECTIONS (March 2005) (thank you for contacting us.  We are delighted to be able to inform you that, at this time, to the very best of our knowledge, all of our confections are gluten free.  We do not use wheat, barley, rye, oats, triticale, spelt or any of their components and that includes our dusting on our conveyor belts.  We do use corn and soy products in the manufacturing of our products.)  Cella's Milk Chocolate Covered Cherries, Cella's Dark Chocolate Covered Cherries

• Certs Mints

• Charleston Chews by Cambridge (September 2003)

• Charms Company (March 2005) (thank you for contacting us.  We are delighted to be able to inform you that, at this time, to the very best of our knowledge, all of our confections are gluten free.  We do not use wheat, barley, rye, oats, triticale, spelt or any of their components and that includes our dusting on our conveyor belts.  We do use corn and soy products in the manufacturing of our products.)  Blow Pops, Charms Squares, Super Blow Pops, Charms Sour Balls, Charms Pops, Family Fun, Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Da Pops, Pops Galore, Fluffy Stuff, Cotton Candy, Andes Mints, Sugar Daddy Pops, Sugar Babies)

• Chicklets - regular and tiny size (January 2004)

• Chunky by Nestle (October 2005)

• Clark Bars (September 2003)

• Clorets Gum

• Clorets Mints

• Crowe’s by Tootsie (March 2005)

• Dentyne Gum all September 2003

• Dots by Tootsie - Regular, Tropical, or Wild Berry are gluten-free (March 2005)

• Double Bubble Gum (October 2003)

• Dove  (September 2003)

• Eclipse Gum by Wrigley’s (is also vegetarian)  (August 2003)

• EnjoyLifeFoods BIG Cookies – gluten-free and available through www.glutenfreepantry.com

• EnviroKidz Cereal Bars (marked gluten-free)  (September 2004)

• Extra Gum by Wrigley’s (is also vegetarian) (August 2003)

• Farley: Candy Corn, Harvest Mix, Jellybird Eggs, Holiday Creams (Christmas Easter)  (September 2003)

• Farley: Yogurt Raisins, Banana Chips, Pineapple Wedges, Fruit Snacks  (September 2003)

• Farley candies:  Fruit Flavored Jells & JuJu & Bears, Giant Jellies, Gummy Bears, Jelly Bird Eggs, Jelly Rings, JuJu Coins, Jumbo Jelly Beans, Orange & Lemon Slices, Speckled Bird Eggs, Tiny Jelly Eggs

• Ferrara Pan:  all, including Red Hots, Lemonheads, Jaw Busters, Boston Baked Beans, Atomic Fireballs, Black Forest Gummies, Grape Heads, Jellybeans (March 2003)

• Freedent: peppermint, spearmint, winter fresh  (September 2003)

• Fresh Fruit, Of course!!!!

• Fruit Stripe gum - all (September 2003)

• Fun Dip Lik-M-Aid by Wonka (October 2005)

• General Mills general statement: read label.  Wheat, rye, barley, oats will be listed

• Glenny’s Potato Crisps and Soy Crisps (assorted flavors are gluten free and can be found at www.GlutenSolutions.com)

• Gobstoppers

• Goobers  by Nestle  (October 2005)

• Heide products:  all products made gluten-free in gluten-free plant

• Hershey’s Almond Kisses

• Hershey’s Bites

• Hershey’s Plain Chocolate Bars

• Hershey’s Plain Kisses 

• Hershey’s Kisses with Almonds

• Hershey’s Hugs (although I have had several people question this one)

• Hershey’s Giant Kiss

• Hershey’s Swoops (plain): check label.  Gluten will be listed as wheat, rye, barley or oats

• Hershey's general statement: check label.  Gluten will be listed as wheat, rye, barley or oats

• Honey Acres candies:  Honey Gummies (are also vegetarian), and Honey Mints (are also vegetarian)  (September 2003)

• Hot Tamales (February 2004)

• Ice Breakers Gum

• JBs Chocolate Candy by Jelly Belly (Yes, they are gluten-free. We do not use any ingredients derived from wheat, rye, barley or oats in our recipe for JBz) (October 2005)

• Jelly Belly (Yes they are. We do not use any wheat, rye, barley, or oats in the recipe for Jelly Belly jelly beans. The modified food starch used in the manufacture of our jelly bean candies is cornstarch)  (October 2005)

• JollyRancher JellyBeans (March 2005)

• Jolly Rancher Lollipops

• Jolly Ranchers  (Hershey's product.  Check label.  Gluten will be listed as wheat, rye, barley or oats) 

• Junior Mint & Junior Mint Chews by Cambridge (September 2003)

• Just Born: Valentines Day Mike and Ike, Valentine’s Day Peep Hearts, Easter Peeps, Eggs, Bunnies, Easter Mike and Ike, Jelly Beans, Halloween Pumpkins, Ghosts, Cats, Christmas Trees, Snowmen, Teenie Beanie Holiday Mix (February 2004)

• Kettle Valley brand Fruit Leather (apple, Tropical Blend, Watermelon, Strawberry, Raspberry, WildBerry)  available at www.allergygrocer.com

• Kraft Caramels  (September  2003)

• Kraft will list major allergens

• Laffy Taffy by Willy Wonka (October 2005)

• Lifesavers general statement: gluten will be listed on label as wheat, rye, barley or oats (Kraft product)

• Lifesavers Gummies

• M&M’s – Plain  (March 2005) 

• M&M’s – Peanut (no date)

• Manischewitz: Milk and Dark Chocolate Coins  (January 2003)

• Mars Bar

• Marvel Candy Sticks (marked as gluten-free) and found at some Wal-Mart stores

• Mega WarHeads (June 2003)

• Mike and Ike (February 2004)

• Milky Way Midnight  (January 2004);  note:  other Milky Ways are NOT gluten-free

• MixUps by Wonka (October 2005)

• Mounds

• Nabisco general statement: read label.  Wheat, rye, barley, oats will be listed

• Necco Brands Which Necco products are Gluten Free?  We make the following products which do not contain gluten from wheat,  rye, oats or barley: Necco Wafers, Mary Janes, Mary Jane Peanut Butter  Kisses, Sweethearts Conversation Hearts (Valentines only), Canada Mint  & Wintergreen Lozenges, Haviland Thin Mints and Candy Stix.  In addition, Clark Bars, Skybars, Haviland Peppermint & Wintergreen  Patties, Necco Candy Eggs (Easter), Talking Pumpkins (Halloween),  Squirrel Nut Caramels and Squirrel Nut Zippers, Banana Split and Mint Julep Chews, ULTRAMINTS!  (August 2005)

• Nerds by Willy Wonka (October 2005)

• Nerds Rope by Wonka (October 20050

• Nestle Milk Chocolate (October 2005)

• Nestle Nips (October 2005)

• Nestle Treasures (October 2005)

• Nestle Turtles (October 2005)

• Nestle general statement:  gluten will be listed as wheat, rye, barley oats  (February 2004)

• Nestle Seasonal Valentine Items:  Milk Chocolate Hearts, Milk Chocolate Butterfinger Hearts, Milk Chocolate Butterfinger Tigger, SweetTarts Lollipops (October 2005)

• Nestle Seasonal Easter Items:  Baby Ruth Crème Egg, Butterfinger Nest Eggs, Caramel Nest Eggs, Milk Chocolate Nest Eggs, Peanut Butter Nest Eggs (October 2005)

• Nestle Seasonal Christmas Items:  Milk Chocolate Jingles, Milk Chocolate with Butterfinger Jingles, Spree Candy Canes, SweetTarts Candy Canes (October 2005)

• Newman's Own: all sweet dark chocolate products, choc bar, butter toffee crunch  (January 2004)

• Oh Henry by Nestle  (October 2005)

• Orbit Gum by Wrigley’s (is also vegetarian)  (August 2003)

• Palmer’s Candy Note:  All are produced on equipment that also produces Gluten containing products.  (you will  need to make an educated decision regarding these products).  Palmer’s Info generously provided by:  Mim Lush, East Coast Sales Rep, R.M. Palmer Co., (610) 372-8971  x 319, (610) 320-9366  fax, mim@rmpalmer.com

• Palmer’s State Quarters – Milk Chocolate  UPS  100 41269 60156 7  (September 2004)

• Palmer’s State Quarters- 1.75 oz Milk Chocolate  UPC 0 41269 60155 3  (September 2004)

• Palmer’s Chocolate Quarters-Bulk  UPC 100 41269 70989 8  (September 2004)

• Palmer’s Chocolate Half Dollars-Bulk  UPC 100 41269 70990 4  (September 2004)

• Palmer’s Coins of All Nations-Milk Chocolate  0.81 oz  UPC 0 41269 70936 5  (September 2004)

• Palmer’s Coins of All Nations-Milk Chocolate  1.9 oz UPC  0 41269 70941 9  (September 2004)

• Palmer’s Solid Milk Chocolate Santa Pops  UPC  0 41269 00730 0  (September 2004)

• Palmer’s Solid Milk Chocolate Santa Pops 3-pack  UPC  0 41269 00778 2  (September 2004)

• Palmer’s Stak-Pak Milk Chocolate Balls  UPC 0 41269 00357 9 (September 2004)

• Palmer’s Stak-Pak Milk Chocolate Balls  UPC  0 41269 20070 1  (September 2004)

• Palmer’s Milk Chocolate Balls Bulk  UPC  100 41269 22040 9  (September 2004)

• Palmer’s Delux Milk Chocolate Mix UPC  0 41269 00370 8  (September 2004)

• Palmers’ Santa & Friends Tray Assort. (Milk Chocolate)  UPC 0 41269 00011 0  (September 2004)

• Palmer’s Oddballs (Mugs w/Milk Chocolate Sport Balls)  UPC  0 41269 20091 6  (September 2004)

• Palmer’s Rudolph – Jelly Pop 1 oz  UPC 0 41269 23003 6  (September 2004)

• Palmer’s Rudolph – Jelly Pop 3-pack  UPC  0 41269 23009 8  (September 2004)

• Palmer’s NASCAR – Hollow Milk Chocolate Car  UPC  0 41269 60036 5  (September 2004)

• Payday

• Pearson Nips (by Nestle  February 2004)

• Pez  (June 2004)

• Pixie Sticks by Wonka (October 2005)

• Pretzel Packs made by Ener-G Foods or Glutino (specially marked gluten free) and are available at www.GlutenSolutions.com

• Raisnettes by Nestle  (October 2005)

• Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Miniatures

• Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups

• Rolo

• Running Rabbit Licorice (confirm gluten-free status) (Ingredients: corn syrup, turbinado sugar, cornstarch, dextrose, licorice root extract, tapioca dextrin, anise oil, salt, separating agents (mineral oil & bees wax).  5oz box (approx. 35 pieces) Free of: Wheat, Gluten, Dairy, Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Egg, Soy, Rice, Potato, Yeast, Sesame and is available at www.allergygrocer.com

• Runts by Wonka (October 2005)

• Russell Stover: check label.  Gluten will be listed as wheat, rye, barley or oats

• Russell Stover: PB Ghost, Buzzard Nest, Marshmallow Pumpkins  (September 2003)

• Sees ( Almond Royal, Toffee-ettes, Asst Sugar Sticks, Sugar Twists, Dark Chocolate with Almonds Candy Bar, Candy Canes)  (January 2003)

• Shockers by Wonka (October 2005)

• Skittles  (September 2003)

• Smarties Brand Smarties (October 2003)

• Smarties Double Lolly, Mega Lolly  (October 2003)

• Snickers (No Crispy or No Poppables!!)

• Snickers Pumpkins (September 2003)

• SnoCaps by Nestle (October 2005)

• Sour Patch Kids  by Trebor Allen Swedish Fish  (Sepetmber 2003)

• Spangler Candy:  (Question:  My child has an intolerance to the gluten protein found in wheat. What products do NOT contain this ingredient?  A:  Dum Dum Pops, Saf-T-Pops, Swirl Saf-T-Pops, Marshmallow Treats, Candy Canes, Cane Classics, and Dum Dum Canes do not contain the gluten protein found in wheat, barley, rye, or oats. We have contacted our suppliers on the ingredients we use, including sugar, corn syrup, citric, malic, lactic acid, ascorbic acid, artificial flavors & colors, starch, release agents, and processing aids. These products do not contain the gluten protein that causes a problem for people with Celiac Sprue)  (October 2005)

• Spree by Nestle  (October 2005)

• St. Claire’s Sweets (All are gluten, casein, nut, egg, GMO, soy, corn, peanut, shell fish free and they are certified organic.  They have certifications from all their suppliers that they are gluten and all the other allergens free.    And available through www.econturalsolutions.com.  (October 2005)

• Starburst  Fruit Chews (September 2003)

• Starburst JellyBeans  (March 2005)

• Stretch Island 100% Fruit Snack (Apricot*, Berry, Blackberry, Great Grape, Rare Raspberry available at most East Coast Trader Joe’s)  (September 2004)

• Sugar Babies  (September 2003)

• Sugar Daddies  (September 2003)

• Sunkist chewy candies -  Fruit Gems, Jelly Beans, Orange & Cream Chews, Super Sour Stars  October 2003)

• Sunkist Fruit Slices (April 2004)

• Swedish Fish by Trebor Allen (September 2003)

• SweetTarts by Wonka  (October 2005)

• Swoops by Hershey’s (Regular, Reece’s, Almond Joy, York)

• Tangy Taffy

• Tart N Tiny by Wonka (October 2005)

• Teenee Beanie made by Just Born  (February 2004)

• TicTacs  (April 2003)

• Tootsie Roll Industries, Inc. (March 2005) (thank you for contacting us.  We are delighted to be able to inform you that, at this time, to the very best of our knowledge, all of our confections are gluten free.  We do not use wheat, barley, rye, oats, triticale, spelt or any of their components and that includes our dusting on our conveyor belts.  We do use corn and soy products in the manufacturing of our products.)  Tootsie Rolls, Tootsie Pops, Fruit Rolls,

• Tops: all, including Ring Pops, Push Pops, Baby Bottle Pops, Juicy Drop Pops and Chews, etc.  3. (All of our products are free of peanuts and gluten.)  (March 2005) 

• Trident Gum all (June 2004)

• Trolli Gummi: Peachie O's, Squiggles, Sour Bite Crawlers, Octopus  (September 2003)

• Turtles by Nestle  (February 2004)

• Welch’s Fruit Snacks – all (April 2004)

• Werther’s Originals

• WonderBall by Nestle (February 2004)

• Wonka: check label.  Gluten will be listed as wheat, rye, barley or oats  Wonka Statement:  Thank you for contacting us.  Your comments regarding Nestlé & Wonka® Products are very important to us. In regards to your inquiry, there are eight major food allergens, including milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts (such as walnuts and almonds), soy, wheat, fish and shellfish. Labeling regulation requires that all ingredients added to products be listed in the ingredient statement.  For these eight major allergens, Nestlé ensures that they are labeled, regardless of the amount or whether a supplier may have added it to their ingredient.  It is the responsibility of Nestlé to ensure that these ingredients are properly labeled by their common or usual name in the ingredient statement. We want to help our consumers avoid inadvertent ingestion of their specific allergens of concern by accurately informing them about the product ingredients and by following Good Manufacturing Practices in our factories.  All factories using a critical allergen as an ingredient must take all  reasonable precautions to avoid cross-contact of products that do not normally contain these allergens and products that do not carry a specific mention in the ingredient statement.  These precautionary measures include efficient cleaning of production lines and equipment And strict separation of materials that may contain critical allergens.  If an allergen does not appear on the ingredient statement, then it has not been added to the product and the likelihood of cross-contamination contact is so extremely low that the risk is insignificant.  We have also attached a copy of our gluten-free confection list.  We hope you find it helpful.  We appreciate the opportunity to be of service to you and hope your inquiry was handled to your satisfaction.  Nestlé Confections & Snacks Gluten Free Products: This information includes products, which, to the best of our knowledge, do not contain wheat, rye, or barley/malt ingredients.  The list may not be complete subsequent to the date of issue due to formula changes and new product information.  Please read each product ingredient statement for the most current information.: Candy Bars-Baby Ruth; Butterfinger; Chunky; Nestlé Milk Chocolate; Oh Henry! Candy Pieces-Nestlé Turtles; Sno-Caps; Butterfinger BB's; Goobers; Raisinets; Nestlé Treasures; Bit O Honey Sugar Candy- SPREE; Nips Wonka Candy-Bottlecaps; Fun Dip (Lik-M-Aid); Gobstopper; Laffy Taffy;  Mix Ups; Nerds; Nerds Rope, Shockers, Sweet Tarts; Tart N Tiny; Runts; SweeTARTS Seasonal Candy/Easter-Milk Chocolate NestEggs; Caramel NestEggs; Peanut Butter NestEggs; Butterfinger NestEggs; Baby Ruth Crème Egg Seasonal Candies/Christmas-Milk Chocolate Jingles; Baby Ruth Winter Wobbler; Spree and SweeTARTS Candy Canes; Butterfinger in Milk Chocolate Jingles Seasonal Candies/Valentine's-Milk Chocolate Hearts; Butterfinger in Milk Chocolate Hearts; Butterfinger in Milk Chocolate Solid Tigger; SweeTARTS Lollipop

• Wrigley’s Gum (all are gluten-free June 2004)

• York Peppermint Patties

• Zours made by JustBorn (February 2004)

CUSTOMIZED M&M’s

• You can order customized M&M candies with your name or short phrase by going to this website:  Open Original Shared Link  1-888-MY-MMS-88 (5am-10pm PST)

CUSTOMIZED HERSHEY BARS

You can order customized plain Hershey Chocolate bars by going to this website:  Open Original Shared Link    Call 1-800-454-7737  (Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. EST & Saturday-Sunday: 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. EST) 

• To Order By Fax:    Call 1-717-534-5995; 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  Please complete your online order, but instead of submitting, print out a hard copy of your order and fax it to HERSHEY'S at 1-717-534-5995. To avoid duplicate charges, fax your order only once. If transmission problems occur, please mark the second fax as a duplicate. Receipt of fax orders will be confirmed via fax within two business days.

• To Order By Mail:  .  Print out a hard copy of your order and mail it to HERSHEY'S Gifts, PO Box 801, Hershey, PA 17033-0801. Please do not send currency. Sorry, no C.O.Ds.

DEFINITE NO-NO’s:

• NOT GLUTEN FREE  KitKat

• NOT GLUTEN FREE 1,000 Grand Bar by Nestle

• NOT GLUTEN FREE 3 Muskateers Chewlicious Chocolate Flavored Chews

• NOT GLUTEN FREE Altoids Regular Chewing Gum in tin (clearly lists wheat maltodextrin on label as of March 2005) 

• NOT GLUTEN FREE Brach’s Fruit Rippers (clearly lists wheat as ingredient)

• NOT GLUTEN FREE Brach’s Candy – ALL!  (Thank you for your interest in Brach's and for contacting us about the gluten free status of our Brach*s candy products. For your information, we do not consider any of our products gluten free at the present time. Please be advised that we do plan to undertake a project to determine the gluten status of each and every one of our products.  ~Brach's Consumer Relations)

• NOT GLUTEN FREE Ghiradelli: white choc chips and choc masterpiece collection

• NOT GLUTEN FREE Goldfish (All Varieties)

• NOT GLUTEN FREE Haribo  licorice, fruity pasta, sour spagetti, strawberry wheels  (January 2004)

• NOT GLUTEN FREE Hershey Miniatures in Bulk Bags (clearly marked as containing malt as of March 2005)

• NOT GLUTEN FREE Jelly Belly Buttered Toast Flavor, or any bag that may contain Buttered Toast inside

• NOT GLUTEN FREE M&M Crispies (blue bag)

• NOT GLUTEN FREE Magic Milk by Nestle

• NOT GLUTEN FREE Most Commercially Made Rice Krispy Treats  (usually contains malt)

• NOT GLUTEN FREE Most HomeMade Rice Krispy Style Treats

• NOT GLUTEN FREE Most licorices unless purchased from a health food store and is clearly marked gluten-free

• NOT GLUTEN FREE Nestle Crunch

• NOT GLUTEN FREE Nestle Treasures Crunch

• NOT GLUTEN FREE Pretzel Flipz

• NOT GLUTEN FREE Rice Krispy Treats  (contains malt)

• NOT GLUTEN FREE Snickers Crispy/Cruncher

• NOT GLUTEN FREE Snickers Poppables

• NOT GLUTEN FREE Snyder’s of Hanover MiniPretzel Packs

• NOT GLUTEN FREE Twizzlers Licorice (contains:  Corn syrup, flour, sugar, cornstarch, shortening, molasses, and flavorings are mixed together to make the candy)

• NOT GLUTEN FREE Whoppers

• NOT GLUTEN FREE Willy Wonka Oompas

• NOT GLUTEN FREE Zachary Brand Candy Corn (In regards to the e-mail that we recently received regarding the use of the listed ingredients used in the manufacturing of Candy Corn I must explain that these types of candies are technically gluten free.  However, we do in our facility have other items that do have ingredients that contain gluten ingredients and unfortunately we do not have the area in our manufacturing facility to segregate these items from one another.  Therefore there is an opportunity for there to be cross contact with storage containers and manufacturing equipment that could potentially lead to these candy corn items having trace ingredients of gluten.  So unfortunately I cannot guarantee one hundred percent that even though these candies do not contain any ingredients that contain gluten that this product had not come in contact with items and equipment that have.  Obviously we are very sympathetic as food manufacturers with issues such as allergens and other intolerances.  It is our desire to have as many people as possible to enjoy our candies and be able to eat them without fear of any health consequences.  However as a small manufacturing facility we cannot go to the lengths and measures that larger companies can in regards to segregation of ingredients, washing of equipment between shifts or having a separate facility to manufacture only certain products containing problem ingredients and thereby eliminating cross contamination issues.  I wish I had a more positive answer for your question but unfortunately in cases like this I would rather be sure than to indicate that there is nothing in the candies and have something happen that could jeopardize someone’s precious health.

• NOT GLUTEN FREE/NOT EDIBLE:  Play Dough or PlayDough Mini Packs

OTHER NON-EDIBLE “TREAT” OPTIONS:

• A Grab Bag from a Dollar Store such as 50 pack of miniature army men, etc.

• Balloons

• Books from the dollar store

• Brightly Colored Pencils

• Bracelets

• Cars (like HotWheels, etc.)

• Couple of Legos from a large tub of Legos

• Crayola Model Magic (Individual Packs)

• Crayons

• Dress Up “stuff” (magic wands, boas, etc.)

• Erasers

• FunPads/Activity Pads from the Dollar Store

• Gift Certificates (.50 increments to McDonald’s)

• GLUTEN FREE green silicone friendship bracelets (available for order at $3 each – free shipping - by emailing Melonie Katz at OneSillyYak@yahoo.com)

• Hair scrunchies

• Magic Markers

• MardiGras Beads

• MightyBeanz trading beanz

• Neon GlowLites/Glo Bracelets/Glo Necklaces

• Pencils

• Pennies

• Pinata Stuffers (Kazoos, whistles, toys, etc.)

• Plastic Leis used at Hawaiian theme parties

• Postage Stamps

• Rubber Stamps

• Sidewalk Chalk

• SILLY YAK purple silicone friendship bracelets (available for order at $3 each – free shipping – by emailing Melonie Katz at OneSillyYak@yahoo.com)

• Small Bottles of Bubbles

• Small Spiral Notebooks

• Stamps

• Stickers

• Temporary Tattoos

• Toothbrushes

• Trading Cards (Pokemon, YuGiOh, Baseball Cards, Bratz, etc.)

• www.OrientalTrading.com (miscellaneous goodies)

• www.SwizzleSticks.MakesParties.com (miscellaneous goodies, party supplies)

OPTIONS FOR DEALING WITH CANDY

THAT DOES CONTAIN GLUTEN:

• Donate it to your local food bank

• Gather it together & leave it on the kitchen table with a note to “The Pumpkin Fairy.”  The Pumpkin Fairy is notorious for swooping down your chimney and taking the unhealthy candy and leaving one nice “treat” that is generally a non-edible toy.

• Have gluten-free goodies on hand to “trade” your child for the unsafe stuff

• Save it to use for making a Gingerbread house for the holidays (just for viewing, of course!)

• Some dentists will accept your child’s candy and will “trade” it for some healthy options

• Sort it, “buy it back” from your child, allow him/her to use that money to buy more gluten-free goodies

• Sort it, separate it, toss it

• Sort it, separate it, trade it with another child who can have that candy & trade for the gluten-free goodies

Archived